Lift supplier

TheCrow

Can you recommend lift suppliers for R50 's .

I have placed an order for 1.75”OME kit with front 0.5”spacer from Rocky Roads but things are not moving in the desired way I am considering cancelling the order .

I know one member on this forum is from Rocky Roads and I hope this comment will be taking seriously to enhance customer service .

Appreciate your help as my factory suspension is tired after 80,000 km and need to replace asap , tires are also pending replacement till the lift is in place .

Can you recommend lift suppliers for R50 's .

I have placed an order for 1.75”OME kit with front 0.5”spacer from Rocky Roads but things are not moving in the desired way I am considering cancelling the order .

I know one member on this forum is from Rocky Roads and I hope this comment will be taking seriously to enhance customer service .

Appreciate your help as my factory suspension is tired after 80,000 km and need to replace asap , tires are also pending replacement till the lift is in place .

Who's from Rocky Road?!?!

I wonder if you're thinking Steevo from Rugged Rocks?

If anyone here is from Rocky Road, I would say Entropy98. I don't think he works for them, but I believe he worked with them to create sliders for the R50. (or maybe I made that up, LOL!)

So, did you order from Rocky Road, or Rugged Rocks?

If Rugged Rocks, I'm sure Steevo will take care of you.

I ordered from Rocky Roads , i will cancel the order and contact Steevoo , would be my preference to work with an NPORA member .

Edited by TheCrow

PLUS - rocky road has mislabeled all their OME springs!!! Their mediums are actually light duty, and their heavy duty are actually medium! Their 0.5" spacers are really only 0.25"

How they are still in business, i dont know.

You dont want anything to do with them!

Look:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11484

Yes contact steevo with www.ruggedrocksoffroad.com i ordered OME springs through him and they shipped the very next business day

After trying with Rocky Road, I ordered my OME stuff from a local 4x shop who went directly to ARB - worked great!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up being from the local shop?

Yes I also noticed that the parts are tagged different then the ARB site and they were unable to answer many of my questions .

I got a quick reply from them that the order is cancelled .

I will contact steevo for more details as I wish to go for 2” to fit 31”tires on her while the ruged rocks site mentions .75 “for back and .5’for front .

Tekazgtr thanks for indicating another supplier i will try them in case things doesn't work out with steevo .

4 Springs, rear shocks, rear brake line relo-kit, misc parts, labor and alignment - $1200. Not making any claims this was a good deal. Actually, I'd bet just about anything that someone will come back with a :wtf: on the cost, but as this wasn't something I was going to tackle, I didn't mind. Same guys I got a screaming deal on rims from, so it's give and take.

I purchased the spacers separately, but had them install at the same time.

hey at least u got it done and your hand are clean and your blood pressure isnt through the f**kin roof.

doing this sh!t yourself is NO fun

Was fortunate enough to be able to give someone else the pleasure!

ya i was calculating the prices u posted... out of the $1200, its about half parts and half labor (if youre considering the mechanics prices on parts) im sure they marked up the shocks and struts so that the labor looks like under $600 on the invoice

regardless - its still a normal price, you didnt get ripped off but you also didnt get a spectacular deal. Could have been worse!

ya i was calculating the prices u posted... out of the $1200, its about half parts and half labor (if youre considering the mechanics prices on parts) im sure they marked up the shocks and struts so that the labor looks like under $600 on the invoice

regardless - its still a normal price, you didnt get ripped off but you also didnt get a spectacular deal. Could have been worse!

Now that I think about it, there was about $150 that went towards replacing a ABS speed sensor, so really it was closer to $150 for the lift.

The prices on parts where the cheapest I've seen anyone charge. They may have padded labor to make up the difference...no big deal. I'm happy!