sup?

DSM_guy

well, i am now the proud OWNER of a 91 SE 4x4 Pathfinder. my parents bought it brand new in 91 and bought a new one in 98. the 91 became my first car for 2 years untill i raked enough money to buy me a mitsubishi eclipse. the pathy once again sat in the barn untill my little brother was old enough to drive. he put that thing through utter hell...messed up a few things, mostly electrical. after he bought another car...again it sat untill now. im about to graduate college and realized i HAD to have a 4x4 to visit our cabin in CO...plus i wanted something to take jeep-trailing. when we first got it..we did a few nasty trails fairly easily...so i knew id have a good platform to go off of. last week i talked to my pops and bought the car from him. since then iv been here learning, looking for mods, and fixing her up as best i can. its got 225K+ mi on her...and showing some signs that a new engine will be in order soon. one good thing i did get out of my brother is he had installed a new clutch and new big tires on it just before he stopped driving it..horray for me!

so far iv learned quite a lot on this forum...and plan to stay here a long time. now i just need to get my sticker! :beer:

thanks for the warm welcome guys. its been a tremendously busy weekend. i got the dash lights working again (brothers fault) and got rid of his junk radio. gave the whole thing a thorough cleaning, changed oil (those filters are a B*TCH to get at!) modified a roof rail into a light rack, installed CB radio with firestik antenna...lots and lots of stuff. pics to come soon. iv gotten a TON of good info and ideas here and i havent been around that long. cant wait to hit the trail soon!

• 2 weeks later...