Body Lift Install

unccpathfinder

Holy bumper, Batman!! Did it come with a truck attached, or did you buy that later?? :D

Most of us use 'kits' that are sold more or less complete with plastic spacers (high impact ABS or some such I'm guessing). Aluminum blocks should work just fine also. Would you like a link to the thread that covers most of the install??

B

that bumper will be fun to relocate...probably going to need some custom made parts...I started putting my OEM bumper back on the other day and after about 2 mins of looking at it I decided right now its not really worth it...

that bumper will be fun to relocate...probably going to need some custom made parts...I started putting my OEM bumper back on the other day and after about 2 mins of looking at it I decided right now its not really worth it...
nah what ive been able to find here is just the spacers. And the bar was on there when i bought it. I do ally. Steel welding and powdercoating at work so i can make what ever i want. The best thing is im 2ic with keys to the factory. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. So i think the falklift is in order for the lift. Sounds easier than the jacks. Lol but we have to have modification plates here for a lift. And no greater than 5o mm. Dam

woudlnt it be a 50.8mm lift? I didnt actually measure the blocks but I don't know how technical they would be...a forklift may work depending on how slow you can raise the forks some move too fast and are too jerky and I think could cause some damage quicker than using some form of lift

woudlnt it be a 50.8mm lift? I didnt actually measure the blocks but I don't know how technical they would be...a forklift may work depending on how slow you can raise the forks some move too fast and are too jerky and I think could cause some damage quicker than using some form of lift

nah it goes slow like my pathy..... (im a member of nislow...... couldnt get into nismo......lol) but ill hunt on ebay i think and see what lifting blocks i can get. maybe a job for this weekend. just have to find bigger rubber. ill do some searching to see what size i can find

nah it goes slow like my pathy..... (im a member of nislow...... couldnt get into nismo......lol) but ill hunt on ebay i think and see what lifting blocks i can get. maybe a job for this weekend. just have to find bigger rubber. ill do some searching to see what size i can find

Well as I already know, you got this done, but just wanted to give a little idea. I don't know how great it is, but some of my buddies use some 1/4" thick square iron and a damn nice stick welder and make there own blocks. Just a thought, but yea, nice job, this might just help me in the near future.

Well as I already know, you got this done, but just wanted to give a little idea. I don't know how great it is, but some of my buddies use some 1/4" thick square iron and a damn nice stick welder and make there own blocks. Just a thought, but yea, nice job, this might just help me in the near future.
anyone know of what diameter the lift blocks are. i can find 50mm high and 50mm diameter or 50mm high and 75mm diameter...... any suggestions. only $10 aussie dollars difference between the two sizes for each but better than welding back on cracked supports. ive seen picks of a hilux that had snaped of chassis supports. wasnt a fun task to replace them