Substitute for flexible "skirting" in wheel well?

jaafallon

My 89 SE Pathfinder had two pieces of flexible material that went between the wheel well and the engine compartment (one piece on each side of the vehicle). The material feels like a cross between paperboard and rubber. It's somewhat flexible and yet strong enough to withstand the stresses of riding in the wheel wells. I want to replace it, but the dealer wants $52.00 each for them and that seems a little high to me (like about $40.00 each too high).

Has anybody found a substitute for these factory skirts (or whatever they're called)? I was thinking about cutting them out of some inner tubes but I don't think that would last very long (inner tubes seem to be junk anymore).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

jim

The Kid's "Crazy Carpet" sounds like a good possibility. I'll stop by Wally World tonight and see if they have it, or something like it. If I can't find anything, I might be interested in the ones from the "88.

Thanks all. Good info here.

jim

• 3 weeks later...

a buddy of mine used the parts of a belt off of a potato piler. He cut them to fit . Looks pretty good. I think the belt of of any type of piler would work. Watch your local junkyards.