Snake Racing Strut Spacer

InfinQX4

Don't know if any of you have used these, but I thought I'd share a pic.

These are the Snake Racing (www.snakeracing.com.au) 35mm strut spacer. Had a buddy bring these in from Australia.

Direct from Snake Racing, they offer sizes ranging from 15mm - 50mm. Very nice quality. The bolt holes are threaded, and the set comes with longer bolts, etc.

StrutSpacer.jpg

If the thread I started about strut spacers is any indication, wait for all the people to start screaming what $165 USD is way overpriced.

I expect it and it does't bother me. Frankly, I haven't seen anything as good quality, and sometime quality costs money. On the other hand:

1) it gives those who were really curious about them a picture as the one on the web isn't right,

2) anyone who is making them might take a design idea from them.

I thought we were here to help each other out :beer:

If those are in AU dollars, then it would be around 145USD$... not bad considering the finish and the threads idea...

Thank you! That's what I thought. As I said ealier, not sure shipping costs as I was lucky enough to side step that, but quality is great, they are the only one's I've seen with the mutiple size options as well.

I'll let you know.

That does look very nice, the only concern I have with them is that with the current 1" spacers I have I have them sandwhiched between the upper and lower mounting plate so the strut still limits the extension and doesn't put the CV axles under too much stress. It seems like these would do that, which is not a good thing...

Thank you! That's what I thought. As I said ealier, not sure shipping costs as I was lucky enough to side step that, but quality is great, they are the only one's I've seen with the mutiple size options as well.

I'll let you know.

I would be interested to see how you mounted them to the strut and to the truck, as well as just seeing pics of your truck in general! :aok:

I would be interested to see how you mounted them to the strut and to the truck, as well as just seeing pics of your truck in general! :aok:

For clarification, they cost me $145 US. The web shows AU$.

In any case, I'll post some pictures as soon as they are on. I'm not actually doing the work but will try to get as much as a can from the guys doing it.

I'm not an expert with this, but from what I can tell from various conversations I've had, the spacers don't extend the strut or spring in any way. They basically place the top of the strut lower. The stiffer springs will actually place the strut in an extended position and cause the strut to be the limiting factor. I'm planning on combining these spacers with OME springs.

Also, I’m looking into fabricating new brackets for the front diff, effectively lowering it and therefore placing less angle stain on the CV's. You’ll all know how the final setup goes…

Here is my Q.

IMG_0246.jpg

dude, do you have beadlocks (if so thats effing awesome)?

Mickey Thompson Classic Lock. They are bolt on's, but the cool effect d**m close and cheaper. These are powder coated black.

If those are in AU dollars, then it would be around 145USD$... not bad considering the finish and the threads idea...

For $145usd you get a whoppnig 1/2" lift spacer. Whats the point?

For a 1" spacer you have to go to the 25mm at $235Aud

Dude seriously, $165 is so expensive. You go to a machine shop and tell them what you want and you are easily under 120. Strut spacers suck anyways so it doens't even matter. The quality of those pictured above are alot better then what you posted.

Dude seriously, $165 is so expensive. You go to a machine shop and tell them what you want and you are easily under 120. Strut spacers suck anyways so it doens't even matter. The quality of those pictured above are alot better then what you posted.

Then the ones who posted?

I'm sure you weren't refering to me, as I haven't posted any yet, all I said is I was getting some made. If you just ASS-U-MED something, then.....

Edited by morpheus

Then the ones who posted?

I'm sure you weren't refering to me, as I haven't posted any yet, all I said is I was getting some made. If you just ASS-U-MED something, then.....

It's awesome to me that everyone is so feisty about strut spacers. :wtf:

If you don't think it is worth it, don't buy them. They were worth it for me, so I did and I'm happy. I thought I'd share what I found.

I am fully aware that I could go to a shop and have something made for less, but I didn't want to deal with having to explain a bunch of s**t to someone that hasn't done it before. And since I havn't done it myself, I opted to buy.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yeahthat:

These look fairly straight forward, if I could get a drawing I could have these priced up in Taiwan.

Technical drawing isn't my gig, but if I can find someone to do it, I'd be more than happy to share.

Seriously,

I am really over the whole argument about price and whats worth what...quite poho'ing in a truck based area.

Those of you that have gone to a machine shop and had spacers made and can provide some sort of real conversation please put your hands up!

...oh yeah and I did just that. For 3/4 plate steel ones with no finish coat they were $121 plus 5% tax. My steel ones are nice, however I really like the threads that this company introduced---if the coating is as durable as it is pretty than there is several dollars of worth.

I don't see the big deal....if somebody wants something bad enough you're gonna pay what ever you want....I think they look cool....I went to they're site....the pics are not what you pictured, yours are more triangular shaped, whats pictured is more circular....is that more of just like a stock photo or am I looking at the wrong item??? Just because I'm an american what does a 1" spacer equal to in MM??? They have them anywhere between 15mm to 50mm!

I tour alot with bands and have been to Australia a bunch....definitely looking to do the same and check out what the Aussies have as far as R50 stuff!

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

I don't see the big deal....if somebody wants something bad enough you're gonna pay what ever you want....I think they look cool....I went to they're site....the pics are not what you pictured, yours are more triangular shaped, whats pictured is more circular....is that more of just like a stock photo or am I looking at the wrong item??? Just because I'm an american what does a 1" spacer equal to in MM??? They have them anywhere between 15mm to 50mm!

I tour alot with bands and have been to Australia a bunch....definitely looking to do the same and check out what the Aussies have as far as R50 stuff!

He mentioned in the original post that the pics on their website are just generic representations. The pic he posted is what spacers for the R50 look like.

And I am sure a lot of members would love to get goodies from Australia, you are a lucky SOB