How important is a snorkal?

jeffrhine

I guess that depends on how big the puddle is...I have sucked water up in my 87 and 95...not enough to hydro lock anything but enough to wet the airfilters...look in the TOTM thread and Fuelers picture...I think in a WD21 if you're going to be going through puddles like that frequently it'd be well worth it

Yep, nothing like hydrolocking a motor that would otherwise run for 250,000 miles. Go slow and measure first or get a snorkel. A cheap collapsible fishing rod is handy...

B

in this part of the world, i say NO to snorkles. I've been wheeling this part of the world for along time, and you'll rip the snorkle off on a tree branch WAY before you cross water deap enough to need it.

I won't be doing any river crossings or anything heavy like that, But I do come across some pretty big "puddles". Just wondering how important snorkals are.

You will drowned your ECM/CPU or whatever you want to call it long before you need a snorkel in a pathfinder inless you have relocated it wont you?

You will drowned your ECM/CPU or whatever you want to call it long before you need a snorkel in a pathfinder inless you have relocated it wont you?

The majority of most engine drowning occurs when you first "drop in" the river, deep puddle, etc. You nose down and that's all it takes. Doesn't have to deep.