stalling at higher rpms and now wont even run

Ok so this weekend I went to meet some friends a couple hrs. away and my pathy ran good all the way there and while we were running around the city. Then for no apparent reason it died. It started right back up and was ok for a bit and then died again in a parking lot. We sat for a minute and it started. I parked it went and ate and when we came back it started fine and drove for about an hour before it died again a couple times in just a few miles. Again sat for a few minutes and it started and drove the other hour home. It ran fine except it would kinda stall out around 3000 rpm acted like it was not getting gas. So I changed the fuel filter, pump, and pump relay. Also have changed the plugs, wires and the rotter cap with in the last 6 months. Now it will start and run for a bit and then when you try to drive it dies. After it sites for a bit it will start and run but dies every time i try to drive it.

I need to get this fixed asap as it is my only car. am think maybe the coil and may try to replace it tomorrow. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. FYI it is an 89 V6 4x4 FI other info in my profile.

A coil only works, or it doesn't. Don't waste your money on that.

The wiring to your MAF sensor could be finnicky, or the sensor its self could be dirty. There's a how-to on cleaning it.

Check the power wire to your distributor and make sure that's tight and sealed.

That's all I can think of...

Edited by Kingman

I have been told by two different people that the coil could be cracked or something and could stop working when it gets worm.

It has a new alternator, again about 6 months ago.

mine had similar issues; stalling out exactly @ 2800. It took a while to figure out but it was the injectors. their resistance had gotten so high that the ecu went into limp mode. this can also happen if the resitance gets too low and it can also permantly damage your ecu to where it will make the next set of injecors fail.

whatever it is I hope you get it fixed soon.

Changed the MAF sensor and it ran for a bit and then died when I was trying to get it to a shop to run diagnostics. My dad and I messed with it a bit and got it to run again and he thinks it is the plug wires so I ordered the best set I could fined this time (since this is bout the third set I have put on it). They are going to be in in the morning. Will see what hapens from there and will let yall know.

How many times does this need to be covered? You DO NOT need to take it in to read the codes. There is a how-to on this under self diagnostic I think.

Taking it in to someone is a 100% waste of time, gas, and money.

Well I changed the TPS and it ran good all day then died about 10 min. ago on my way home. Dont know what else to do. Is there any thing that could be making it malfunction or something? Im at a loss of what to do.