Just wanted to say Hi!

Hello everyone, just wanted to post this and say Hi. I am a mechanic of sorts, worked in shops, tire shops, home, fields, you name it I have probably done something to a car there. I purchased a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder, not sure if it is XE/LE/SE, since the badgework is gone and the vin just lists it as all three. I have not gotten anything really done to it yet, but am looking for a budgeted way to get a decent 2 or 3" lift, new steering set up, and maybe down the road get a little more invested with a dual triangulated suspension for a true crawler. Not sure yet. I am new to Nissan, always had Honda cars, but I am loving my Pathfinder. I got it in 2006 right before we got a big snow storm, and even though it has 235/75R15's and a slightly sagged suspension and over 200k miles, it found itself a path to and from work. I guess I am writing this for a couple reasons. See what kind of advice I could get for a reliable and inexpensive lift, and also just to give a little background. Thanks for looking.

Welcome Bud!!

Seems like you have already discovered the true value of a pathfinder; 200k miles on the clock and stock size tires, yet it still gets you where you need to go...

How can you argue with that?? :D

Sorry, too tired to respond to the questions. Search and then start a thread...

B

Welcome to the NPORA Family!

As said above, the search function will show you what you need!

I just lifted my pathfinder 3" and did it for under 400 bucks. It used to be cheaper, but the prices of some of the components has gone up.

I got the Rough Country Nissan Hardbody lift, which comes with shocks, and new upper control arms as well as shackles for leaf springs. We however don't have leaf springs, so you'll need to get some JGC (Jeep Grand Cherokee) coil springs.

Here is a link to the best deal i found on the new control arms and shocks in the kit,

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/nissan_early.htm

and here is a link to what you'll need to do to lift the rear with the JGC Coils.

http://www.damagedreality.com/fordcoil.html

again, welcome!

-Zepp