Replacement Exhaust Manifold

Indigent

I bought a "OEM Direct Replacement" Driver's side exhaust manifold from www.car-stuff.com

It says it is the right one for all WD21's EDIT should read 1990-1995's. That was an error on my part.

I was a bit skeptical, but for $22 you can't really go wrong, right?

I got it the other day and installed it. Mates up fine to the head. The only problem is the EGR tube bung. It is way too big.

I guess this is a feeler question / warning. Has anyone else bought a replacement manifold and had the EGR tube not fit?

The stock number on the site is N960705.

Edited by Indigent

Wait, so it says it's the right one for ALL WD21s, but there's a difference between the E and the I so then it's NOT the right one for all WD21s, because of the emissions differences.

But then you bought one for 1990-1995 WD21s, while it says the manifold is for all WD21s...

*shakeshead*

That's why I don't like sketchy web sites like that.

This gets wierder. I just looked up the EGR tube in FAST, and there are 2 different part numbers. 14725-75P00 is applicable from 06/94 and up, while 14725-88G00 is from 08/89 through 06/94. There is only one manifold listed for ALL models with VG30E. That means that no matter what year, the VG30E manifold had the same bung, but a slightly different EGR tube.

i would of just kept the one you had and had it planed flat it shouldn't warp again and snap bolts anymore the new one will do the same thing again. granted that is you already had one and you bought one because the old one was warped

i would of just kept the one you had and had it planed flat it shouldn't warp again and snap bolts anymore the new one will do the same thing again. granted that is you already had one and you bought one because the old one was warped

Kiel (sp?) just plug the f*cking thing, we dont have emmisions testing on this side of the mtn's plus it doest need it. if you need a hand bring it by and i'll weld the holes shut for you.

I don't want to just plug it because this car is for the wifey. She wont drive it at all if there is even one thing wrong with it. Also, I wont let her drive it unless I know it is the best that I can make it. If it were mine, I would say fskc it, but the wife gets the special treatment lol.

There are actually two holes on this thing the 2nd hole is probably for the VG30I. It came with one plug to fill up either hole.

Like I said in the post though, I mainly wanted to put this out there as a warning for people considering buying it. Since it is so cheap it is pretty tempting to pick it up, but at least in my case it wasn't worth it.

I went out to my parts pathy last night and pulled the manifolds off of it. I was wanting to save them for some other time, but there is no time like the present. I have to clean them up before I can put them on tonight.

I am returning this thing to www.car-stuff.com once they email me the fedex return slip. They asked it I wanted another one, and I just laughed and said no thanks.

Yep, I'm with you 100%. The GF's car(s) are kept at best possible condition, period! Not only does she drive 4x as far as I do daily, I don't need the 'it died and I'm stuck" phone call. The pathy I'll be more liberal with since I have tools and a clue, but even then I'll take the time to make sure it is as reliable as is reasonable. It's the emergency earthquake, flood, riot, zombie/republican attack vehicle... ;)

LOL @ do you want another useless one... :D

B

Yep, I'm with you 100%. The GF's car(s) are kept at best possible condition, period! Not only does she drive 4x as far as I do daily, I don't need the 'it died and I'm stuck" phone call. The pathy I'll be more liberal with since I have tools and a clue, but even then I'll take the time to make sure it is as reliable as is reasonable. It's the emergency earthquake, flood, riot, zombie/republican attack vehicle... ;)

Why I have 2, one for me, one for the wife. She'd like to run over the Zombies as much as I would. :skull: