Am I that dumb?

silver97ex

I am having a hell of a time installing Calmini's 3 inch lift on my 95 Pathfinder. The rear went fairly smooth, minus the fact that I dont have a clue where the "rear brake flat stand-off bracket" goes.

My main issues are with the ucs shaft bushings. I removed the uca, burned out the old bushings, no biggie. Upon trying to install the uca shaft into the Calmini uca, the sleeves that came with the kit don't slide onto the stock shaft. The stock shaft seems to have a sleeve already on it and that sure as crap doesn't want to come off. (unless I am being dumb)

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

What's the deal?

my washers got hammered bc i beat them off with a hammer/press it was a PITA...I think you want to replace the washers (or flatten them back out with a ballpeen)...I think you may need a press to get the new bushings in as well but could be mistake...mine are laying in the floor of my truck b/c i need a press to get mine in and i dont have access to one now

Before you go remove those make sure someone with a calmini chimes in since they're from different manufacturers

Thanks, I got those sleeves of with a little persuasion from a torch and a hammer. The new Calmini ones slide right on, doesn't look like I will need a press. woohoo!! The washers did get a lil mangled but not terrible. Time to put this side back together and tackle the other side. The BJ nut on the passenger side doesn't want to move and there isn't enough room for an impact in there :(

FYI, Calmini's instructions aren't very good.

Yeah, I am replacing the upper ball joints while I'm there. I got the drivers side out but the passenger side doesn't want to move.

hmm you could always dremil a V in the castle nut hit it with a chisel to get the V out and taht should release the nut...if not do one on the opposite side and it'll just fall into 2 pieces...