New Rear Suspension

hows the spring rate on the TJ coils?

A little soft but not bad at all, if they were any stiffer @ the same ride height they would float at full droop.

I just got back from calico, CA and those bilsteins need some stiffer valving. the springs flex nice.

ok we need a price on a full weld on long arm kit........please

I'm going to be working on that, but it's going to take more time than the HD stock replacement links.

thats doesnt look like much triangulation, hows the side to side movement? let us know how it handles on/off the trail.

Looks liek you have about what.. 40 deg between the 2 uppers? if so thats fine, if its less it will wiggle.

I run 50 on mine.

also a little more triangulation on the lowers will help with flex steer.

Steevo, I'm going to be broke soon, if you keep making kits I'm going to end up buying them all, lol. I'm going to order your rear link replacements as soon as i figure out if the tax man is going to take $700 out of my pocket that i'd much rather give to you.

WHEN YOU make this kit will it just be the upper links? and will it be compatible with the stock length lower links(the ones your taking pre-orders for) or will the lowers have to go long-arm as well?

it will be new uppers and lowers. it uses the same johnny joint as the stock length links were taking pre-orders for right now. but the actualy link itself will need to be changed out. also, this kit will mostlikely only fit on SASd trucks

• 2 months later...

I thought about that but it messes with the roll center of the system leading to increased body roll. to keep the geometry the same-ish you would need to move the lowers on the frame side slightly beyond the non-removable crossmember is.. and even if the crossmember was there you would end up with like 40"+ lower links.

well i think that looks pretty snazzy!! now just a thought i got when i saw your drive shaft, do you think if you added somethin like a shock boot on that joint would help from anything gettin in there? i was thinkin that could help keep the splines clean and would be really cheap.

I forgot what numbers I had it at... but I'm going to rethink the design over. but if yours comes out before mines, i'll just go with yours. hehe

How soon are you looking to have yours done?

Mine has been working flawlessly with this design and i REALLY like it.

well i think that looks pretty snazzy!! now just a thought i got when i saw your drive shaft, do you think if you added somethin like a shock boot on that joint would help from anything gettin in there? i was thinkin that could help keep the splines clean and would be really cheap.

Nahh... it's greased up and there is a tight fit around those splines... it's good :beer: