trailer hitch.....best one your opinions

smoke

for those that have trailer hitches...which ones do you like what to stay away from....i have seen ones with steps....which ones are those....

thanx mates

I just installed a plain jane, square 2" receiver and im happy with it so far... hangs down low, though. i like the custom ones that are integrated into a rear bumper.....

I just installed a plain jane, square 2" receiver and im happy with it so far... hangs down low, though. i like the custom ones that are integrated into a rear bumper.....

Same here. I hated how the hitches stuck out really far because of the spare tire mounted underneath (mine has the tire carrier) so I made one and you can only see the receiver just below the bumper.

I got the class III oem round bar hitch, which i think looks pretty good on the truck even though it ain't hidden. I have no idea how much they are though, since i stole it off my bros r50, hahaha

My dad has that one as well, and I think it looks great, and we haven't had any issues with it. It even still has the original paint with no rust! :lol:

My dad has that one as well, and I think it looks great, and we haven't had any issues with it. It even still has the original paint with no rust! :lol:

wow thats impressive, the one i got from my bro is like 4 or 5 years old, it had a little bit of rust around the welds, but i gave it a quick sand down and sprayed it with a low gloss black paint and it looks great against my black truck.

well if their is a uhaul around where u live, they do tow hitches very well and cheap too. i got my tow hitch for 160 plus harness and to install was an extra 40 bucks. Compared to nissan asking 600 bucks :thumbsdown:

Why would you pay to have a hitch installed???

well if their is a uhaul around where u live, they do tow hitches very well and cheap too. i got my tow hitch for 160 plus harness and to install was an extra 40 bucks. Compared to nissan asking 600 bucks :thumbsdown:

I paid $110 for my hitch with free shipping. Installed it myself, free, in like 20 minutes. Got a harness from Advance for $20 and spent another 15 minutes installing that.

I paid $110 for my hitch with free shipping. Installed it myself, free, in like 20 minutes. Got a harness from Advance for $20 and spent another 15 minutes installing that.

I was going to get the one off of 4x4parts for 145 bucks and i dont really need a harness Im just wanting to have it for a rear recovery point :shrug:

well i did it.....bought a curt hitch.....like the one that is put on the models with factory hitches......got the hitch, a ball, receiver and trailer electrical stuff for under $250....will post pix of install and stuff when i get it....also found some ipf 868's for $130 and im gonna get those too....ya think thats a good price anyone kno of lower??