Fender Flares

Where does a guy find a set of wide aftermarket fender flares for a 4 door?! or has anyone had any luck with modifying a set for a truck or 2 door any help would be great! i have full width axles and im sick of filling my lap with mud everytime i forget to roll my window up!!

Edited by knikmudslinger

you could try those "offroad" vent visors...i don't particularly like them but it may be an alternate solution.

I don't see why the 2 dr and 4 dr flares are any different except for maybe the rears but I know the OEM flares are interchangeable...I do know you cant use the right rear flare off of a HB on the pathy though b/c of the fuel door location

Maybe the fiberglass fenders that AC sells would give you that coverage not really sure what the "4" bulge" I would think that means that it is 4" wider

Where does a guy find a set of wide aftermarket fender flares for a 4 door?! or has anyone had any luck with modifying a set for a truck or 2 door any help would be great! i have full width axles and im sick of filling my lap with mud everytime i forget to roll my window up!!

Did you try to find them in a junkyard I have found many useful things in there for low prices . fog lights 8 US dll the pair rear tire covers 1 US dll quarter lights 12 US dll the pair switches from the panel and dash board aroud a quarter a pair well many great things and useful things low prices

just my suggestion

I don't see why the 2 dr and 4 dr flares are any different except for maybe the rears

The stock ones aren't any different. The only change on the stock ones was to the front end of the front ones when they removed the plastic valance. The Bushwackers however, as you can see in the pic you posted of Mr. R's, actually attach partially to the rear door.

i see the difference in the flares now:

stock:

IMG_0083.jpg

bushwacker:

7dd88f8f.jpg

you may be able to call some of these places and see if they have set actually in stock

http://www.google.com/products?q=pathfinde...=en&show=dd

wow those look great! i wonder why they discontinued them..

thanx

The only widebody flares we had in the US were the Bushwackers and they stopped making those about 6 years ago. My suggestion would be to buy the generic 6" stuff that comes on a roll.

i never heard of the stuff...where would i find it

JCWhitney has the 3" http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...tt=fender+flare

I've seen the 6" someplace before, can't remember where, my quick search only got another place that looks like the same as above, but they list a 4.5" one:

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/R4PCP52.1.html

I do know you cant use the right rear flare off of a HB on the pathy though b/c of the fuel door location

The fuel door is high enough on HB's that the factory flares are interchangeable. I've test fit one of my sets to make sure incase I get ambitious and decide to smooth a set. HB fuel doors are actually cut at an angle on the bottom corner possibly to clear the flares on the 4x4s. They do mount a little differently though(at least comparing from my 88 to a set off a 91 HB).

I actually have a set of flares for my 88 because a friend with a HB bought them and tey didn't fit right....he was particular about things so it may have just not been exact enough for his taste???

The fuel door is high enough on HB's that the factory flares are interchangeable. I've test fit one of my sets to make sure incase I get ambitious and decide to smooth a set. HB fuel doors are actually cut at an angle on the bottom corner possibly to clear the flares on the 4x4s. They do mount a little differently though(at least comparing from my 88 to a set off a 91 HB).

yea i meant for the BWs...i got a hellofa deal on some HB BW's for the 2drs and uhh yea the fuel door had a notch in the flares that was in front of the fender...doh...but at least i resold them and made some $

There is a Japanese company called elford that makes a wide variety of aftermarket flares. I haven't had much luck finding them since I got back to the states though. They are all over auctions.yahoo.co.jp, but all of the listings state that they do not ship out of mainland Japan.

check this link fender flare listings on yahoo japan

I realize that wasn't very helpful, but try searching for elford.

indigent.

IMSA???????

This is FiberGlass, i'm no wizard, this was the first thing i made in FG, it's not finished yet

Still need some touch's, doesn't look like, but its 5" wide

dscf0004fj3.jpg

YOU GOT MAD FIBERGLASS SKILLZ, i just made an a-pillar gauge pod for my '87 (will post a write-up next week when i get the gauges in...) you want to make a set just like that for my 280z?

1975_Datsun_260Z_Bob_Sharp_IMSA_Race_Car_Rear_1.jpg

FYI: IMSA http://www.imsaracing.net/