How do I remove my taillights?

ILoveMyPatty

My Passenger side taillight burnt out. The running light. Brake light works fine. I looked behind the panel, and the fix job I had done a couple years ago finally went kaput. Why on earth did Nissan put a hole in our pass. rear fender, for water to spray all over electrical stuff....

Anyway, I need to take my tail light out, to re-wire the running/brake light assembly. I can't figure out how to do it. I pulled the bulb and it's fine, but the wires are too short in there now to re-connect them unless the tail light is out. I'm moving for school in 2 days and need to get this sorted out... as well as my front drivers signal... but thats after I get this fixed.

Anyone?

Thanks.

My Passenger side taillight burnt out. The running light. Brake light works fine. I looked behind the panel, and the fix job I had done a couple years ago finally went kaput. Why on earth did Nissan put a hole in our pass. rear fender, for water to spray all over electrical stuff....

Anyway, I need to take my tail light out, to re-wire the running/brake light assembly. I can't figure out how to do it. I pulled the bulb and it's fine, but the wires are too short in there now to re-connect them unless the tail light is out. I'm moving for school in 2 days and need to get this sorted out... as well as my front drivers signal... but thats after I get this fixed.

Anyone?

Thanks.

the front signal is more easy to remove I did it to add light next to the signal so it turn on also whit the quarters (like passport or Chevy blazer models ) just remove the two screws and take light out then open the light and from the inside remove the bulbs if the bulb base is damaged or the cord is broken there is no other way but change the entire piece.

1ALPP00107.jpg

Awesome, thanks guys. Yeah the signals are easy to take out. I took em out for my BL, when I relocated my front bumper. Thanks uncc, I'll get on that and see if I can make some more room to connect the wires. I found the real reason why my tail light wouldn't work. The bulb is fine, but one of the wires that connects to the bulb "housing" has come loose. Off to the Junkyard to get another one.

Awesome, thanks guys. Yeah the signals are easy to take out. I took em out for my BL, when I relocated my front bumper. Thanks uncc, I'll get on that and see if I can make some more room to connect the wires. I found the real reason why my tail light wouldn't work. The bulb is fine, but one of the wires that connects to the bulb "housing" has come loose. Off to the Junkyard to get another one.

You mean the wire came out of the socket? That happened to me twice because I didn't seal the hole. I didn't feel like driving back to the JY again to get another one so I went to Canadian tire and bought a universal tail light socket. Wired it up, and as luck would have it, it fit perfectly! Also I used that split loom and electrical tape to seal it all up.