fog ligths run out 1990 model

Ramon

Hello everyone happy new year !!!

Thank you so much for your help .

I was washing my Phaty last weekend and when I finished was very late so I turn on the headlights and fog lights to see how they work the headlights work properly the fog lights have a switch in the dash board between the back door switch and the back mirror control in my 1990 model and turned them on. Usually it can be turn on only if the headlights are on, and a small light in the switch also turn on. This time no fog or switch light came out . I checked the cable connectors in the fog lights and those are ok the bulbs are ok .I notice that when I turn the switch on a relay sound came from somewhere in the dash board next to the passenger side when they work in the morning now I can´t hear it. I check there are two small fuses in the panel of 20A for Fog ligths in yellow color next to the radio fuse. but both are OK. can be possible the water cause some problem and if so how can I solve this?.

I have the manual from the 1994 in pdf format but model seems to don´t have the switch in the diagrams or the lights well even the lights. je je

Is a US model I purchase it in California

well this is what happened thank you so much for your help in advance.

and ...happy new year again.

:fireworx: :fireworx: :fireworx:

Edited by Ramon

Is your's an US model or Mexico model? I know in the US models the fogs were a dealer option and had almost completely seperate wiring. One thing you can try, if the lights have a connector on them for the wiring, is to pull open the connector and fill it full of dilectric grease.

Is your's an US model or Mexico model? I know in the US models the fogs were a dealer option and had almost completely seperate wiring. One thing you can try, if the lights have a connector on them for the wiring, is to pull open the connector and fill it full of dilectric grease.

Is a US model I purchase in California

The connector is out of voltage when I pull it open and measure it with the volt meter it didn't´t show any measure with the light switch on

I believe is something else internal but not sure what can be

• 2 weeks later...
The in-line fuse for mine was located near the battery

I bet as soon as you replace it...it'll blow the fuse again...Ryans 94 and my 95 always blew fuses as soon as the switch was thrown...I rewired the relay and the problems went away on Ryans (after I did the swap)

So if you replace that fuse and it blows again I could recommend rewiring to avoid all the demons that exist in bad wiring...

You will not find the fog lamps for this model in the repair manual.

Check the inline fuse near the battery as previously stated.

Check the relay for the lamps. It is on the passenger side firewall near the wiper motor.