Shocks

shack

I found this set of shocks for a pretty decent price. Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about them. Are they better than or equal to the Monroe-matics?

KYB GR-2 gas shocks. The kit includes all four shocks for my 94 4x4.

Please let me know what you all think.

post-8438-1230247831_thumb.jpg

Edited by shack

I havent heard of KYB in a long, long time. Though if I remember correctly, they're pretty decent :shrug:

KYB is very similar to Monroe in respect to making mostly OE replacement shocks. Very good company if you want a simple, reliable shock to replace the OE stuff.

• 1 month later...

maybe you should stay away from it thou, try getting procomps. The majority of KYB tends to cater on cars, i installed one on my VW before and they rode great. On the pathy, I have not heard anything good or bad about it, unless you want to be our lab rat?!?

my pathy is pulling winter beater duty and when i first pick it up the shocks were toast. So the first thing i did was get a set of gr2's and installed them, and now "trusty rusty" rides like a dream.

I dont have alot to compare to since my last pathy was a r50 with 300,000 km's so it needed everything. I think the ride quality would be better if they were a little "stiffer" specifically in the front since the front is a little softer than ideal, but the rears work perfect.

I was basically looking for the cheapest set of shocks and a good friend who has a VW repair shop got me these ones at cost so i cant complain, if your pathy is more like your "baby" than just a basic a-b ride in the winter etc you may be better off spending a little more, but for basic replacements for a stock pathy they are alright!!!