HID Projector Headlight conversion

01LE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think he would make something like that for the 87-95 models?

I don't know. He hasn't gotten back to me yet about the 99-04. I would be willing to bet though that he can do basically any headlight. He uses the projectors from a 06 Infiniti FX35 and custom fits them into your factory headlights. If and when he gets back to me I will ask about other years.

Here's his reply. He's willing retrofit just about any headlight.

Alex,

We almost retrofit any headlights OEM xenon projectors, and your 2001 Nissan Pathfinder can be retrofitted with any bi-xenon projectors. I can use Infiniti G 35 or FX 35 bi-xenon projectors, and retrofit them in your vehicle. Also the price is a lot cheaper for me to retrofit your headlight compare to buying the JDM headlights. The JDM are RHD (right hand drive) which means the headlights flare will blind the incoming traffic. The Inifniti Bi-xenon projectors are LHD (Left hand Drive its what we us in U.S.). This means the same flare will go on the right side of the road, instead of the incoming traffic. With that in mind the price will be $695 + shipping. This price does not include headlights, you will have to provide me with a set of headlights to retrofit.

The turnaround time is around 2-10 business day after I receive the headlights and all xenon parts, and another 1.5 months for the custom bezels/shrouds to get chromed and cured.

Best Regards,

Greg Cheban

(916)218-5986

Here's his reply. He's willing retrofit just about any headlight.

Alex,

We almost retrofit any headlights OEM xenon projectors, and your 2001 Nissan Pathfinder can be retrofitted with any bi-xenon projectors. I can use Infiniti G 35 or FX 35 bi-xenon projectors, and retrofit them in your vehicle. Also the price is a lot cheaper for me to retrofit your headlight compare to buying the JDM headlights. The JDM are RHD (right hand drive) which means the headlights flare will blind the incoming traffic. The Inifniti Bi-xenon projectors are LHD (Left hand Drive its what we us in U.S.). This means the same flare will go on the right side of the road, instead of the incoming traffic. With that in mind the price will be $695 + shipping. This price does not include headlights, you will have to provide me with a set of headlights to retrofit.

The turnaround time is around 2-10 business day after I receive the headlights and all xenon parts, and another 1.5 months for the custom bezels/shrouds to get chromed and cured.

Best Regards,

Greg Cheban

(916)218-5986

I his work will probably be top notch, but $700? that seems like quite a bit, it says that des not include headlights... does it include the HID parts?. I have seen this done on VWs and Audis, actually if you search around you can find quite a few DIYs for it. I personally wouldnt worry about re-chroming and black it go with flat black inside, seeing as its not needed anymore because you will have projectors... it would look cooler too.

I would liek to do it to m pathy someday, maybe if I can grab an extra set of headlights to hack up someday.

$1000 for headlights. riiight...

my $20 XtraVision headlights are more than enough, and if anything, i can always flick these on (altogether <$150).

DSC05969.jpg

the lower lights are 100W GE Q4509 aircraft landing lights (per orangetang's recommendation), which are so obnoxiously bright that it makes the 55W Hella 500FF ($65 from Wal-Mart) look like daytime running lights.

Edited by alexrex20

I his work will probably be top notch, but $700? that seems like quite a bit, it says that des not include headlights... does it include the HID parts?. I have seen this done on VWs and Audis, actually if you search around you can find quite a few DIYs for it. I personally wouldnt worry about re-chroming and black it go with flat black inside, seeing as its not needed anymore because you will have projectors... it would look cooler too.

I would liek to do it to m pathy someday, maybe if I can grab an extra set of headlights to hack up someday.

EXACTLY! I couldnt believe the price but was gonna keep my mouth shut...if anyone wants I can dig up a link I saved that a guy did a DIY on his 00-04 R50...

I didn't think the price sounded that bad. And it does come with the bulbs, ballasts and wiring harness for that price.

He sells the parts separately for anyone that wants to build their own. Parts

The JDM are RHD (right hand drive) which means the headlights flare will blind the incoming traffic. The Inifniti Bi-xenon projectors are LHD (Left hand Drive its what we us in U.S.). This means the same flare will go on the right side of the road, instead of the incoming traffic.

Dean, you have the JDM HID projectors. Is this flare issue substantiated? I think it's bullsh*t... :shrug:

Thanks for the link BTW. I'd still prefer to get a set of the JDM's though. ;)

the lower lights are 100W GE Q4509 aircraft landing lights...

You're referring to the lights integrated into your bumper, right? How did you manage to get aircraft landing lights? 'Cause those are a great idea! :aok:

Thats sure cool, but I can't help thinking how much I would be upset after paying that much for them and then Smacking them on a tree and Breaking them while offroading.

Agreed. After looking at the prices for the custom lights, it's such a pointless mod to put on a 4x4. Unless of course you're one of those ballers who puts 24's on a 4x4... :scratchhead:

I'm wondering if the JDM option is a better way to go...

You're referring to the lights integrated into your bumper, right? How did you manage to get aircraft landing lights? 'Cause those are a great idea! :aok:

yes, the lights recessed into my bumper are aircraft landing lights, for which i need to thank orangetang again for the idea! i got the bulbs for $15/ea from an aircraft supply website, and the housings were $8/ea from a big rig supply store. the bulbs are a specific universal size so it's easy to get housings for them; you can get the cheap rubber ones i got, or chrome, or all steel, etc.

compared to the $350 set that ARB sells, these are obviously a lot cheaper, and i think these are probably brighter. they're so bright that you can't turn them on when there are others on the road. maybe the ARB/IPF lights are designed purely as a fog light, so they may not be very bright anyway.

here are a few shots of just how bright these lights are. first are just the low beams.

DSC05978.jpg

low beams with all four aux lights. the Hella 500FF are floods and are pointed left and right, because the landing lights are spots and pointed straight out.

DSC05980.jpg

DSC05987.jpg

on the highway, when i flick on the landing lights, it lights up every street sign for as far as you can see - sometimes several miles.

Edited by alexrex20

nice..my new truck has lights similar to that...

YES everyone I bought a new truck

though not a pathy..it is a 99 Ranger XLT 4X4 with the offroad package, ext cab, step side. 4.0L V6, 2.5 lift runnin 31's...nice lil truck.

yes, the lights recessed into my bumper are aircraft landing lights, for which i need to thank orangetang again for the idea! i got the bulbs for $15/ea from an aircraft supply website, and the housings were $8/ea from a big rig supply store. the bulbs are a specific universal size so it's easy to get housings for them; you can get the cheap rubber ones i got, or chrome, or all steel, etc...

...on the highway, when i flick on the landing lights, it lights up every street sign for as far as you can see - sometimes several miles.

That is definitely a badass setup indeed. So an aircraft supply website for the lights and a big rig supply shop, eh? Looks like I'm gonna hafta find me those for my bumpers when they're all made up. Nice job buddy! :aok:

Dean, you have the JDM HID projectors. Is this flare issue substantiated?

Yes. The JDM HID projector cutoff is higher on the left than on the right, which does tend to shine into oncoming traffic.

Each lamp has this horizontal cutoff pattern: -----\____

Fortunately, I can aim the headlights downward (using the motorized aiming mechanism) to mitigate this, but it would be nice if the cutoff were reversed: ____/-----

Yes. The JDM HID projector cutoff is higher on the left than on the right, which does tend to shine into oncoming traffic.

Each lamp has this horizontal cutoff pattern: -----\____

Fortunately, I can aim the headlights downward (using the motorized aiming mechanism) to mitigate this, but it would be nice if the cutoff were reversed: ____/-----

Motorized aiming mechanism? You mean the little switch with the four adjustment settings...? I wonder if there is any way to modify this...

Bah, who gives a rat's ass about oncoming traffic anyway? :tonguefinger:

EXACTLY! I couldnt believe the price but was gonna keep my mouth shut...if anyone wants I can dig up a link I saved that a guy did a DIY on his 00-04 R50...

POST IT UP!

Ive seen it done on MKII VWs and many-a-audi but not a pathy.

he should make them for about 70 bucks a pair i think he would get more bussniess out of it.

Why $70 and not $40 or even $20? The HID projector lenses and ballasts themselves cost in the hundreds, so I doubt he'd last very long selling them at a loss.

Why $70 and not $40 or even $20? The HID projector lenses and ballasts themselves cost in the hundreds, so I doubt he'd last very long selling them at a loss.

Damn it, we want more, for less, faster. So hungry, we eat till we choke.

sorry, runoff from another thread. :deadhorse: