Stock Wheels with Warn # 29091 Manual locking hubs?

Justin517

I'm finally modding my '03 pathfinder. I'm getting the 29091 warn hubs ($140 shipped, woot!) and want to amke sure they will work with my stock wheels, I dont have access to the pathy at the moment, and even if I did, its too damn cold to oull the wheel off right now! lol.

Anyway, has anyone run this wheel with them?

03path_13_of_13.jpg

I found in searching that you need 4.25" center bore? Hope I have it. if not, think I can have them machined? I have access to a lathe.... lol.

thanks for any info!!

American Racing 767

Pro Comp RC51

These wheels both have a centre hole of 4 1/2"

I made sure when I ordered my steelies.

From the looks of it those OEM wheels won't work. If you wanna try making the centre hole larger, by all means give it a shot. Be sure to post pics! :aok:

yes, like laxman said, those wheels will need to be machined to fit the hubs.

i have a '00 Pathy (3.3L) and my stock 16in wheels fit over my hubs.

Can you or Pezzy post a pic of those wheels with the manual hubs on it? I am looking into getting them but just want to see what it will look like

AS others have stated they wont fit, I have the same wheels and tried to put the hubs on mine it the holes were about 1/4" to small, sorry for the bad news

1/4" isnt too bad. Was that the diameter? or the radius? Like I said I have access to a lathe (and a bridgepor at work too) and am getting new tires put on anyway so it shouldnt be too bad to machine the hole slightly larger to fit. Right?

Can you or Pezzy post a pic of those wheels with the manual hubs on it? I am looking into getting them but just want to see what it will look like

i have very different wheels than you, but this is what mine looked like with stock wheels:

DSC05233.jpg

and yes, it is very easy to enlarge the center opening of a typical wheel.

Edited by alexrex20

i have very different wheels than you, but this is what mine looked like with stock wheels:

DSC05233.jpg

and yes, it is very easy to enlarge the center opening of a typical wheel.

did you have to enlarge the center bore in those also? or do those not need it? if you did, how did you go about it?

The wheels alexrex posted do not need to be bored out. I have the same ones, they fit fine as is.

Damnit. Now I wish I had those instead. Oh well. looks like I'll be doing some machine work. Or does someone want to trade me a set of those wheels for my 6-spokes?

Or does someone want to trade me a set of those wheels for my 6-spokes?

Ha! That could work, post up in the classified section... your only issue may be shipping, if no one is local.

Alex, we DO have the same wheels...I have a 2001 5 speed simply waiting for the sale of my 97 right now...

sorry, i misread your post. i confused you with Justin517, with whom we DO have different wheels! :D:)

Justin, i'll trade you my wheels once you machine the center opening of your wheels. ;)

sorry, i misread your post. i confused you with Justin517, with whom we DO have different wheels! :D:)

Justin, i'll trade you my wheels once you machine the center opening of your wheels. ;)

LOL, in addition to tht trade, I also have a bridge for sale!

• 3 months later...

I assume I know the answer to this, but: Do the center caps fit over the warn manual hubs? I've got a 2001 Pathy 3.5LE with the dual tri-star rims. I really don't want to upgrade if I can help it, but I assume the caps wont fit, and it would look kinda dorky without them! Maybe I can drill out the centers or something.

Thanks!

What kind of bridge? I'm a collector....

As far as machining them, you can do it on a Bridgeport mill. Just use an indicator to find the center, make sure it's clamped down tight, and take light cuts with a boring head. I did some work on some old mags for my Chevelle. Worked like a charm.