Lights on top?

MudFinder95

looks good man I also like your new sig picture truck looks way different now! I like the stealth look thats what im trying to do. I took my mud tires off for now and put the stock tires on and am going to paint them black should be all black now i just need tint! Great idea for foglights though guys!

looks good man I also like your new sig picture truck looks way different now! I like the stealth look thats what im trying to do. I took my mud tires off for now and put the stock tires on and am going to paint them black should be all black now i just need tint! Great idea for foglights though guys!

Ha thanks man! I've been working on this rack for weeks getting it prepped and it took me DAYS to wire it! I've got 14 lights on it... overkill?! I don't think so!

I was thinking about doing a write up on it, I took pictures the whole way through.

holy @!*% 14? damn i only see 6 where are the otyheres hiding at?

I've got 4 straight out the front, 2 on the sides up close to the front for seeing things on the sides or whatever, 2 in the back for backin up of course, 2 on LED's on the sides in the back for long uses at the camp site without draining the battery, 4 more LED's facing in for loading or whatever I use em as running lights..

488280658_QvJWv-L.jpg

488280998_Lvjc3-L.jpg

488279545_QSDxv-L.jpg

I did all the work myself. I cut ABS plastic to mount the LED's in and cut then welded vengeful's (dan) old rack stripped it painted tons and tons of prep.

You think anyone would be interested in me doing a write up? Because if you think people would like it I'll do one. I took pictures from day one til today.

-Colby

Thanks for the pics guys! ... well... looks like I am gonna do some drillin! hehehehehe. :crossedwires:

I will post a pic after I do it this saturday.

Good luck! Believe me I was nervous as hell to take the plunge and drill the roof out but take your time and everything will work out and hey if you have probs you've always got the AWESOME people here on this forum who are always willing to help. :beer:

WOW, that thing looks sweet man, really it does. It's one of my favorites now, love the black and dark gray. Especially the wheels and nismo sticker.

Thanks man! I've really been putting a lot of work into this beast so guess the fruits are finally paying off eh. :aok:

-Colby

Good luck! Believe me I was nervous as hell to take the plunge and drill the roof out but take your time and everything will work out and hey if you have probs you've always got the AWESOME people here on this forum who are always willing to help. :beer:

\

-Colby

That I do! :yeahthat:

Thanks man! I've really been putting a lot of work into this beast so guess the fruits are finally paying off eh. :aok:

-Colby

Definitely man. It's definitely unique!

Thanks for all the compliments guys it means a lot to me!

Cool, well I'll do a write up hopefully tonight.

I'm running the maxi alty with a way bigger than stock battery and haven't had any issues thus far. I'll think it will handle them just fine.

-Colby

on my R50 i ran the wires for my four roof lights behind the weather stripping for the front driver's door. i just pulled back the seal, routed the wires behind it and replaced the seal. no drilling and no ugly wires.

my wires all go to the engine bay. power comes from the battery, but switched power is from the driving lights and the interior switch is wired through the firewall.

I put the daylighters on my roof today. Drilled through the stock crossbar and then through the roof.. lol. I did it!!! and it came out great! I have never wanted the daylight to go away so bad before! C'mon darkness!!! :fireworx:

2127955290104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

2081434660104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

2065435890104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by beavis0076

I put the daylighters on my roof today. Drilled through the stock crossbar and then through the roof.. lol. I did it!!! and it came out great! I have never wanted the daylight to go away so bad before! C'mon darkness!!! :fireworx:

Hell yeah dude looks good! :aok: I know the feeling believe me...

-Colby

Well shoot, you don't run around with all of 'em on all at the same time. Just use what you need. ;) Nice setup on da roof, man! I like to stealth look. Maybe some day I'll be able to get a 4-door in black and do the same kinda thing. :D

i'll get you a nice clean black 4-door if you sell me your white 2-door.

thanks! and thanks for your help! They are crooked on the pics because I had to wait until darkness to line them up..... but that is done now!!!!

I can seeeeee!!!!!! :fireworx:

Any time! I'm glad everything worked out for ya. :beer:

-Colby

• 1 month later...

Didn't take the time to read the whole epic thread, but I have had mine mounted on the stock rack.

I didn't feel comfortable drilling into my Pathy's skull just yet, so i tie-wrapped the wires into a neat little bundle and then ran them through the right tear passenger door. I just have everyone pile in from the left.

Hey it works.

Oh and as for concealing the wires I took out the good ole dremel and punched some neat little holes in the middle pillar deal in between the front and rear doors, ran it down under the trim, under the carpet, through the firewall and finally to the switches and power.

Don't know if it is the safest setup, but I am not dead yet. :crossedwires: