32" in Leggo wheels

flnl

I'm finishing a 3"BL and a 3"SL, and now it's time to buy new tires 'cause my 255/75R15 will look funny. And they have 40k miles already.

I'm keeping the stock Leggos for now (new cool rims would cost about $600 or more) and wondering if any of you have fit 11.5" wide tires on Leggos and how bad is the rubbing, assuming I will go offroad with the truck.

Unfortunatelly, we don't have 33"x10.5 around here. So I'm thinking about 32"x11.5.

Edited by flnl

One of issues on changing the rims is that the law in Brazil does not allow the tires to go out of the fenders. In Pathfinder's case, the fender flares. And if I change to a wider rim it will probaby be out of the fender flares. Moving to custom flares would be a problem, I'll depend on the cop's humour ... because fender flares just are allowed if they are stock... :wacko:

Indeed, I'm not allowed to change the tire stock diameter... luckily they have no idea which is the stock diameter of most trucks, even more the imported ones... :tongue:

Damn laws...

well, i just finished mounting up some 32x11.5x15" BFG All terrains on my lego wheels for the winter. I will post a picture for you so you can have an idea of how far they stick out, but i doubt they will be past the fenders. My 33's are just barely covered my the fender flairs and they are an inch wider and a little more backspacing than the legos. I don't think i will be rubbing with the 32's but that is probably because the 33's bent all the metal out of the way for me ;)

Oh, i just remembered that Nismojunky has 33" tires mounted on his lego wheels. he has posted some pictures of his truck and they tuck behind the fender flares nicely

Edited by nige

well, i just finished mounting up some 32x11.5x15" BFG All terrains on my lego wheels for the winter. I will post a picture for you so you can have an idea of how far they stick out, but i doubt they will be past the fenders. My 33's are just barely covered my the fender flairs and they are an inch wider and a little more backspacing than the legos. I don't think i will be rubbing with the 32's but that is probably because the 33's bent all the metal out of the way for me ;)

Oh, i just remembered that Nismojunky has 33" tires mounted on his lego wheels. he has posted some pictures of his truck and they tuck behind the fender flares nicely

Yeah, post it please!

I searched and found a pic of Nismojunky's Pathy at October 2008 TOTM

pict0001jb9.jpg

Edited by flnl

• 3 weeks later...

sorry it took so long Fernando, but i have been a little busy lateley. The tires are nice, but they don't work on snow and ices as good as i thought they would

let me know if you want bigger pictures!

3048582600_49229edcf0.jpg

3048583400_199b2bcb81.jpg

3048581750_f63b62337a.jpg

Buh? My BFG A/T's rape snow, ice, mud, and pretty much everything else they've encountered. I only had one problem once... that was an uphill start in sleet...

But that's because I forgot to put her in 4x4

those tires feel like they are too wide for a snow tire and like everything else but snow tires, they suck on ice. i would have been better off with 33x10.5 or a 9.5" bfg a/t but nismojunky gave me too good of a deal to pass these up. Considering they hook up nice on packed snow, i bet they work pretty good on dry trails

and don't look at my fenders

I did a 3"BL and ended with 31x10.5 (they're truly a 32"). I already had a 1"SL, but I'm waiting for custom fab coils to be with a 3"SL (or 3.5").

For now, I will have to bend a bit of the front fenders 'cause the tires sometimes are rubbing.

DSCN3241.jpg

those look pretty big, wide and grippy Fernando :aok: i like the black lego wheels too

where are you rubbing? right on the very front of the front fender flare? I had to cut some plastic and metal off the front and rear of my front fender flares to make my 33's fit. Yours probably won't rub when you do your suspension lift; only when you stuff a tire. In the rear flares, i replaced all my mounting hardware with round-cap bolts so the lugs don't get caught on them. I never had to cut any plastic off them. They are quite flexible if you pinch one between the tire and body

Yeh, they're grippy... they're re-tread, I plan to use the Pathy mainly for offroading, and I've got some reviews about them that said they last almost the same as a new one... well, I don't mind if they will last only 20k miles, I certainly won't run more than 5k miles a year with the Pathy... Anyway, in case I begin using it onroad more frequently, maybe I can buy a second set of tires :tongue:

One of them was hard to balance, it took 1lb or more.

Tires in Brazil are expensive, and for trucks are deadly expensive, before buying these I've searched and a set of BF 33" costs about US$350. My dream is the Swampers, but they're hard to find here because of import laws related to tires, the only quotation I got was US$ 800 for an Irok - each one, and about 100 days to wait for them :/

They're rubbing on the very front of the fender flare, not on the plastic, but on the metal. I guess I can bend it a little with a hammer to stop the rubbing.

whoa that's expensive for tires. No wonder you choose a Brazillian brand over having something shipped down to you. Are you able to Simex tires down there? Or do you only find them in Australia and the pacific rim?

I understand what you're saying about not using them very often. When summer comes back to Canada, I may just leave these BFG A/T's on and only use my mud tires when i am going 4x4'ing for the weekend or whatever. It only takes me about 1/2 hr to change my tires now than i have an impact gun and air compressor.

I trimmed a little bit of metal off the back of the front fender, and them i hammered the pinch-seams flat and repainted them. I used an angle-grinder with a cut off wheel to do that job. I also used aircraft aluminum tin snips to trim the plastic fender flares.

ires in Brazil are expensive, and for trucks are deadly expensive, before buying these I've searched and a set of BF 33" costs about US$350. My dream is the Swampers, but they're hard to find here because of import laws related to tires, the only quotation I got was US$ 800 for an Irok - each one, and about 100 days to wait for them

Holy crap!! That's insane!! Why are they marked up so much?

What did you pay for yours? I hear you on the retreads and how much you plan to drive the truck. Just watch out for prolonged highway driving, thats what can make retreads fail. A second set of tires/rims 235/75/15 for asphalt driving would be a good idea...

B