dayton ohio chicago illinois (midwest talk)

JonesyUSN

so right now im on naval base in chicago going to "A" school.. but live in dayton ohio.. so where are my muddin buddies.. that and i cant find any legal trails around here.. its really pissin me off.. ill be home at the end of september so if there are any of you in or near dayton ohio that wanna do a run it would be great... keep in my mind my truck is stock.. but its 90% driver 10% truck anyway.. so i should be alright.. haha.. lemme know whats up.. ill have my truck here in chicago with a few weeks... and will be available for trail runs within a 75 mile radius of great lakes naval training center.. or at least something close to 75 miles.. so lemme know.. i need a few good trail runs before i get to my first duty station.. hoorah navy.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

-PS- there really needs to be a sailor smiley face.. see ya

Edited by mzxtreme

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I live in IN. Most of these guys are out W. I hang here for midwestern Nissan wheeling. :o There are plenty of references to nearby OHV/ORV parks. Badlands (Attica, IN) is maybe a couple hours S of Chitown off of US41. The Xrs run there semi reg. I am sure I'll, along with a few others, run there in Aug.

I'm off to MN so Let's talk in a couple of weeks.

Hey Jonesy,

Downstate boy giving a shout to you and mzxtreme. I know that I'm further that 75 miles but just wanted to say that you aren't alone here on the board.. Have you looked in Wisconsin for trails outside of Rockford(not sure how that is from ya)? I think there a couple down this way but haven't been yet.. I'm trying to hook up with the 4 wheel club down here and get my pathy back up to trail condition...

Let me know if you find anything.

will do.. i can actually go three hundred miles from base but prefer not too.. id rather spend more time on the trail then on the highway.. plus if something breaks its easier to get back if im not too far..

i grew up in kettering.. right in the neighborhood of nortons bar and grill.. im in chicago right now going to my "A" school for the navy.. but i should be back on aug 13th to pick up my beloved pathy.. ive also lived in west carrollton centerville miamisburg and moraine.. name is jason jones..

Idon't know Ijust moved to columbus and Ican't find a place to feed mud to my pathy anywhere in a 45 mile area. :angry:  pssd  :furious:  :X

Well, it has been somewhat dry lately. Columbus, IN? OH? ...

In either case it's a bit more then 45miles but should be well worth it if you are in IN. You should be able to make it in just over 2h.... Badlands

There is also Haspin Acres near Metamora IN but I haven't been there yet and right now have no plans to go there any time soon... or you could do the Browning Mtn in Hoosier NF - serious mud at times...

i wont be able to make although i would really love to.. ill be going home this weekend to get my truck. and stereo hooked back up. ill be with my girl anyway.. shed freak out if i wanted to go mudding on my first weekend leave from here.. im actually just finishing up the computer side of the course and now im into RF (radio Frequency) i cant wait to finish this stuff up, i got my orders to pascagoula mississippi on ffg-29 the steven w groves. woo hoo my first duty station.. i report october 11th so hopefully we can find a decent trail before i leave. if not oh well ill still be getting on here... where at in kettering are you from?

ok so i got my pathy from ohio to chicago no probs.. but im thinking im gonna have to sink some money in for a knock sensor.. im not sure how much.. but after that id love to organize a trail run at attica.. however im running a little under stock with 30x9.50 rather then the stock 31x10.50.. i dont know how well i could do there but im up for anything.. what would be really nice is i graduate sep 17th.. and am on leave until oct 11th.. if we could organize something around the 23rd or 24th of sep that would be sweet.. however due to my limited schedule i might just go out there on my own.. if i do that ill make my mom give me her digital camera so i can finally get some pictures on here. anyway we can figure something out.. id really like to do a trailrun with some pathy buddies before i go to pascagoula mississippi.. im sure there are some people down there.. and some excellent trails.. which means im gonna have to start a new topic to find those peeps.. let me know whats up.

i wouldnt be able to go on the 11th.. that is my last weekend here and i want to spend it with my girl.. cus after this school i will only get to see her 30 days out of every year for 4 years.. then im done.. anyway.. after the the 23rd or 24th would be killer.. if not ill go up there on my own..

ill graduate sep 17th.. prolly be coming through indiana on the 23rd or 24th.. it really depends on my girl though cus i want to spend as much time with her as possiblle before i leave.. i just found out she is trying to get orders to the persian gulf.. so id never see her until my first orders were done.. im prolly not gonna reenlist.. anyway.. i dunno im having second thoughts just for that fact.. and i need to put about 2000k miles on it when i graduate so it may not be the best thing to do.. but ill decide soon. it depends on how much money i get put into my pathy..

Guest masamar

sorry about not replying lately. computer was on the fritz. but anyway, i'm right near fairmont highschool. if my computer stays in working condition it would be cool to set something up. i leave for school in cincinnati in late sept. also, there is a pretty cool little wheelin' area right in kettering, sort of. last time i stoped by they had put up a bunch of no trespassing signs, although i wasn't really following the sign's advice. it's right at the corner of dorthy and stroop where dorthy turns into indian ripple. its right across from the k-mart. i think its called cats run or something. anyway, i'll try to keep checking in.

• 1 year later...

its about 9 miles straight up 31st street....let me know dude i've got three docts appointments in the next three days but let me know

you should meet up with us at Badlands sometime.

gonna head down there in a couple of weeks before I get my surgury(sp) :oops: it will be the last time I get to get my offroading fix before im grounded for two mo.