Thieving bastages

unccpathfinder

Well this is just pretty much a rant and rave and to let everyone to not get careless on locking their vehicles. I am very good about locking up and securing all of my crap well I guess I forgot to lock my car that or they somehow found the frequency of my car and unlocked it killing the alarm but they rode through all the streets where I live while one guy was running from car to car to see if it was unlocked if it was they stole most of everything. I know it was one guy running b/c i never step off the concrete when I park my car and they left prints everywhere that you could follow to tire tracks in the yards (all dirt) where the footprints show an offloading of loot.

They stole from me:

~Brand new GPS (which had a 1 gig SD card in it) that i was going to use for my trip to the Grand canyon coming this thursday

~MY 8 year old jerry rigged radar detector

~phone charger

~fm transmitter

~07 camry owners manual

~2 sun visor cd holders with all burned CDs (no biggie there)

~my clipboard with my last name all over it

The guy I live with lost out of his fronty:

~GPS

~all of his european CDs

~blue tooth

~casette to MP3 player adapter

~radar detector

I always lock my doors in the car as soon as its parked and always lcok the house door behind me (the ex used to get pissed about that bc we were both home but still i didnt want somebody just walking in) so I cant remember if i just forgot to lock the car on sat night or yesterday when my buddy was going to drive I don't remember if i unlocked it b/c i was going to drive and then he decided to drive so i may have forgotten to lock it back and i didnt check it B4 going to bed

They wore gloves b/c I never use the back doors on my camry so i saw hand prints where they closed both doors and on the trunk but no prints and the cops looked at it and said they were glove smears but we were the biggest help to them b/c I am very aware of how i leave things and how I knew i didnt ever step off the concrete when getting in my car and they found the same prints at a couple of the other houses and were able to determine at least an angle of travel

So now I've gotta spend like $800 to replace my crap and i'm still sick all b/c i forgot to lock my damn doors...and i dont think they would have busted out the windows b/c my neighbor had his gps, phone and radar detector on the dash of his silverado and they didnt bust out his windows but he did have motion lights that kicked on and they went through his gfs car but didnt steal anything b/c there was nothing to steal. They did do a clean removal of a radio 1 street over and actually took time to disconnect everything instead of cutting and snatching

I can only imagine what they thought when they opened up the pathy and there was @!*% everywhere b/c they left the radio and eq that weren't installed laying on the seat but then again the battery is disconnected so no dome light

grrrr

Edited by unccpathfinder

yea thanks...i'll be checking ebay and I was thinking of calling all the pawn shops in rosomond,ridgecrest, palmdale/lancaster and bakersfield but if they shoot all the stuff down to LA or SD it'll never show up to me at least. I would love to pull up a picture of my radar detector on ebay b/c its a one of a kind i wish i had the picture to post of how rigged up it was

I hope they catch the cold that is kicking my ass at least...that or something bad happens b/c theres no telling how many cars they actually hit but I know it has to be a lot b/c just in 3 driveways there was 4 cars gone through and 2 that were cleaned and I know the cops were starting to make a list of houses to take reports for car thefts that occurred last night

you can sell them for like $30 on ebay I was shocked that it wasnt more. so much for keeping my window sticker. The only thing that worries me is if they could convince someone with the window sticker to get keys made but even if they did and came and stole it that may be doing me a favor.

but then again it comes in a nice leather case so they may not have known what it was and just saw the leather and snagged it thinking they were getting some other electronics.

They left the 01 fronty manual in the floorboard of his truck

Edited by unccpathfinder

@!*%, sorry to hear Bud. I farking hate thieves!!

Years ago I lived on a street that got worked like that. The cops though it was a local gang, they were quite organized and hit many cars for a 1/2 mile stretch. They forced open the rear sliding window of my pickup and stole the speaker box behind the back seat. They didn't take the stereo (the face and a nice knife were under the floor mat). Still, they broke other peoples windows out.

LOL, last night I forgot to shut the garage door. Nothing stolen though, it's nice to live in a decent area.

B

I hear ya...I thought I lived in a decent area (compared to Charlotte) but I guess there are thieves everywhere. Thats the thing that gets me too is my ex (her street got hit too) will always leave doors unlocked and the garage opened or whatever and leave and not think about it and I was always bitching b/c some1 could steal it even though I didnt feel we were in a bad area (which i still dont think it is) I just got careless and it got me

I am thankful that I decided to not load up all the gear for camping b/c they would ahve snatched all of that and that would ahve been another easy $400-$500 on top of what was taken and I was glad that my mp3 player needed a change of playlists or it would have gotten snatched too. but you can be damn sure that I will make sure the car is locked from now on.

Glad to hear nothing got taken from the garage...that could get costly fast.

I don't think I would classify Cal City as being nice but yea that makes sense...

I honestly think it was someone from either Bakersfield,Lancaster/Palmdale or even LA or another small town near us that just planned a route and hit the houses on the route then got out of town. If i was a thief that is what i would do, go hit some town within driving distance then sale it on the streets and ebay but then again if I was a thief I wouldn't be hitting cars for "cheap" electronics

FUELER probably drove up from SD and stole all our @!*% :tongue:

FUELER probably drove up from SD and stole all our @!*% :tongue:

lol @ mentioning my name

u jerks (just kidding.)

thats bull@!*% they jacked all your stuff. although where i live, its not a good idea to leave anything like a GPS in plain view. In my neighborhood, you are liable to get your window smashed in if you leave so much as a few quarters in plain view. leaving a GPS in the car is just plain stupid.

Luckily there is no black market for Nissan Pathfinders, so it's not a huge target for car thieves (who steal the whole car).

At least in America, that is. My uncle in Holland had his turbo diesel Nissan Patrol stolen twice. He no longer has a radio because they just get ripped off too quickly out there. One of the times his Patrol got stolen, he was at the police station reporting the theft, and looking out the window, he actually saw his own Patrol pull up to a red light outside the police station. He yelled out, the officers literally jumped out through the window and caught the guy. He still has the patrol to this day.

Do have rental or home owners insurance? I was surprised to learn that my Allstate rental insurance covers my offroad gear and tools if it were to get stolen. I checked up on my coverage when i finally got my bull bar. I figured now that i had it nearly done, someone is bound to steal it LOL. Oddly the bumpers and winch seem to be a pretty gray area. Apparently my comprehensive covers it if it's bolted on, but only their depreciated value, not replacement. When i'm loaded up for the trail or camping, i've probably got several grand in crap stuffed in there.

Sorry for your loss, good luck with finding it.

Pete

MONGRELS

no I doubt it even though they live in town...i had a response earlier but it looks like it didnt post B4 i shut down the work computer...heard that 1 neighbor (in the hit area) did have their durango stolen and drove out to the desert and burned last night...so I guess i'm lucky...although if they would have stolen mine and burned it I would be happy with the insurance $ in buying a new truck and banking the rest.

I will post the other response at work tomorrow since it didnt post...if i remember...

Edited by unccpathfinder

The post i forgot to send from work yesterday:

lol @ mentioning my name

u jerks (just kidding.)

thats bull@!*% they jacked all your stuff. although where i live, its not a good idea to leave anything like a GPS in plain view. In my neighborhood, you are liable to get your window smashed in if you leave so much as a few quarters in plain view. leaving a GPS in the car is just plain stupid.

I figured you'd get a kick out of that...

well the GPS was actually covered up with a jacket on the seat and the only reason it was in there was so I didnt forget it this weekend on the trip...

They left my tray of change I would have much rather them stole that...well I guess its a good thing that I left the car unlocked b/c if they would have busted a window out my deductible would have been $100, if they would have used a pry bar or did any other physical damage to the car it would have been $1000 deductible.

I didnt have renters insurance b/c I have never had it and always was going to get it and now have it but would have still had a $500 deductible but would have helped i ugess a little bit but not much..

Oddly the bumpers and winch seem to be a pretty gray area. Apparently my comprehensive covers it if it's bolted on, but only their depreciated value, not replacement. When i'm loaded up for the trail or camping, i've probably got several grand in crap stuffed in there.

yea now if it's bolted on I still have a $500 deductible but at the depreciated value.

I don't expect to get another phone call and/or recover anything but i would love to see my raggidy ass radar detector pop up on ebay...I would laugh and then call the cops and they would be like so we can't do anything about it.

ohh I would...well I lost the images of the mod that showed the ghetto detector but i found this 1 that kinda shows it inadvertently...I had a guy one time ask me if that was a modification to pick up radar from overhead aircraft that may be clocking...i couldnt resist the temptation to tell him yes...

radardetector.jpg

was going through some pix today and found a better pic of the radar detector...seriously who would want this? its like 8 years old and rigged up...

RADAR.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

I'm with you on that 1 fueler. To me it sounded like they might have been going under on it and instead of hurting their credit they heard of all these break-ins and drove it out there poured gas on it and lit it up especially since one of the cars they broke into had keys to antoher car and they just used the keys to steal all the @!*% inside and not the car

yeah man its so obvious when the ignition is not broken and the car is just burned down. im no insurance expert but thats just plain dumb. I cant believe anybody would consider that without thinking it through.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you catch the f#ckers. Hang them by the balls and pull one hair out at a time. I had my S4 stolen. There wasn't much in it but they did get my radar detector that was like 7 years old, a brand new quart of mobil 1, check book, cd's and they stole my Bill Goldberg action figure. Stole it in broad daylight at 3:05. I got to where I was going at 3. I know what time they stole it because they used my EZ-Pass. I wish they were caught and I could be put in a room with them to kick their asses. If they want something stolen, I'll steal the last bit of their humanity from them!