Thanks guys for saving me!

SnoViking

Hey guys, thanks for the info on the AC 3 inch suspension lift. From what you guys say its close to junk. I had ordered one last week and luckily theyre slow so it wasnt shipped out yet. I called today and cancelled it. Im going to save up alittle more and buy the Calmini lift with shocks and torsion bars and everything. Anyone have any opinions on the Calmini system? I tried to order one today but they said they were still working on the coil springs I think. So as soon as theyre done one will be traveling my way. Untill then, I might order the body lift and do that. Is the AC lift any good? or, whats the best 3 inch body lift out there? (one with ALL the parts and good directions) Thanks guys.

Pat

The only problem with the AC 3 inch suspension lift package is the upper control arms. There has been alignment issues with some due to shortness of length or build. Other than that, there isn't a problem. I'm not sure if AC has installed zerk fittings on the UCAs but if there isn't any, it's best to have them installed or else you'll be one squeaky sumbitch. As for body lifts, no body lift is complete actually. You're gonna have to buy extra bolts, nuts, washers, hoses, etc. I went with The Performance accessories from AC for my 93. They had the 4 longer bolts I needed for my model. Those long bolts hard frickin hard to find.

Yep, it worked great for me too, needed some new hoses for PS and radiator, fuel vent line [theirs didn't fit], some new hose clamps, but that was about it for extra parts for me. The instructions are decent if you know what everything is, but kinda sketchy/short in some places. There's good writeups around though, 88's is pretty good and I'm working on one but not very diligently. =D Get the Performance Accessories one from AC, that's the only place you can get a kit for your year of Pathfinder. =D It works and does the job for a decent amount of money.

Guest strider

just do what i did, get their upper control arms which are available, new shocks of your choice, JGC of Ford coils and lift. or if you want you can get new torsion bars which are also available from calmini.

few ?'s for you.. what is sas.. and ive heard of some people just geting calmini t bars. are they better.. a technician at my shop told me if you crank the t bars it gives you lift.. do the cals give you more or what? to do a body lift myself will i need a hydraulic lift like the ones at a shop. or will something simple like a couple high jacks or whatever theyre called work? ill be going home for the weekend to get my truck and i want to install a lift while im there.. im not too experienced so i dont know if i could do it in one day.. i have to be back here at the naval station by sunday night so i was thinkin of working on it all saturday.. what are some of the big bumps in the road you run into while installing body lift or suspension.. that way i can be better pepared when it happens.? thanks

SAS is Solid Axle Swap, as in dump your independent front suspension for a much stronger solid axle. Best left to those handy with the wrench and welder. :bow: As for the Tbars, I got the SwayAway ones from AC and they claim to be 30% stiffer than stock. All it really seemed is that I don't have to crank them near as much to get lift, and it may ride a tad stiffer. But yep, you can gain lift by cranking your stock ones. Search is your friend on this subject.

so if i were to pay someone to do an sas what am i looking at shelling out.. and what axle would be good to use.. i notice a lot of jgc and f100 parts get used.. would i go that same route... i have access to lots of f100s back in dayton ohio.. and probably lots of jgc's .. right now im in chicago so im sure i could find anything i need parts wise

Nope, you don't need a hydraulic lift to do a body lift, a couple floor jacks will work just fine. As for serious problems, nothing that I can really think of... the front bumper relocation is a PITA but that's about it. Make sure you get all the lines on the frame and whatnot unbolted, and when you lift the body, do it slowly so you can see if anything's stretching or breaking.

A SAS is spendy. I couldn't tell you but I would guess at least a few thousand dollars.

depends on how wild you want to go, and whether or not you are finding all the parts, or the shop is ... if you get all the material together for them, you'd probably be looking at a little over 2 grand ... but skys the limit on mods ... which is why sooooo many people are doing them themselves, and going with leaf springs which is easier to setup , and a helluva lot cheaper ...