Noslip?

HydroCeramics

I searched "noslip" "no slip" "powertrax noslip" etc. My question is, does anyone have or know anything about Powertrax Noslip lockers? They seem like a better option than Lockrights if you'll be driving on pavement and they're slightly cheaper on Rockyroad's website too.

http://www.rocky-road.com/noslip.html

Edited by HydroCeramics

I haven't tried the noslip yet, but based on descriptions only, I think the noslip would be better for a daily driver. Last I checked with Richmond, they were only offering the Lockright for the Hitachi, and had no plans to produce a noslip.

I have the Lockright and have adapted to driving with it.

I also suspect this is some kind of error on Rocky Road website. The noslip is more complex and usually more expensive than lockright.

Edited by mws

For every other axle they are $410 and up, :ohno01: except the Isuzu they are $304 and for our Nissans $250 :omg: . It sounds too good to be true...

I can think of a good way to find out... my pockets are shallow rt now and I don't have the need for 1 yet or I would be a guinea pig.

any voulunteers?

It probably is. If you click the Powertrax logo at the top of the page, it opens a PDF Application chart. According to that, there is NO NoSlip application for ANY Nissan. I have no idea what Rocky Road is doing. :shrug:

Well, I have to wonder about how well it works/as what pressure does it slip or disengage?

Also being a machinist...

"Only ultra strength material is used which is 67% stronger than titanium.

Ok, but what material is 'ultra strength'?? Sounds like an infomercial...

B

just wondering, I don't know the system too well but would putting a shim behind the clutch plates increase the amount of torqe required for an lsd to actually slip and thus improve traction?