Anyone have an aftermarket air intake on their 3.3?

AWSneer

Yes, there are some options out there. Do some searching here as its been talked about alot. Also see the memebers pages as some are installed on some peoples rigs. I know you can get one version from Stillen. I installed it on my brothers 99 QX4.

I did do some reasearch, but I know where to find stuff for cars... 4x4parts never crossed my mind. Thanks for the info, you guys are really helpful.

Also, what vehicles can i look up for intakes that have the same engine? Any pics of yours?

Anyone have a link for the Stillen one? I can find it on their site.

Edited by AWSneer

• 2 weeks later...

Negative on Stillen's intake. They only list the K&N stock filter replacement. Must've discon'd the C/A?

Personally, I think Stillen is a bit too proud of themselves when it comes to pricing anyway.

It looks like these are your options...

Weapon R Dragon:

804-118-101.jpg

Weapon R SW:

304-118-101.jpg

or just the MAF adapter (which is ridiculously priced)

810-114-100.jpg

JWT Pop-Charger:

POPCHARGERGENERICSMALL.jpg

Or you can go down to AutoZone and by the piping components to do it yourself; which may be the most effective.

I built part of the CAI in my B13 that way. Worked like a charm, cost $27 total.

spe81413003.jpg

It's hard to find a good pic, but most of the parts are made by Specter. Use whatever filter you like.

• 7 months later...

It looks like the Weapon R and Weapon Dragon use the same tube? Anyone have pics of this installed on their 3.3? I have the Jim Wolf POP charger. I would like to keep the POP charger and only replace the stock rubber. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The pipes are different, the secret weapon use a second pipe in there to create a fast air flow or something like that. Here is the Secret Weapon on my old 97.

1011081539a.jpg

1011081539.jpg

Video of my 97 with the intake installed...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">