Stabilizer Connecting Link (rod)

Curt

I'm trying to complete an AC lift on my '97 Pathy. Had to cut the bolts on the driver side stablizer bar connecting link to get the stupid thing off. Now I need a replacement.

Anyone have a source other than a dealer or junk yard??

Sorry to threadjack but I get a clunking noise from the front of my truck and I suspect it is those end links since I could wiggle those by hand when I took my wheel off and they made some noise just from me moving them by hand...will simply replacing them fix this?

End links/Sway bar links can be tightened by torqing the nut the goes through the sway bar or strut. You just did your lift so this item is probably needing to be re tightened...otherwise I found these at either Autozone or Advance...they were pretty cheap.

...yeah I have had to cut some off before...no fun. Look in the center of the "bolt" sode of the end link--will it take an allen head? Some end links have allen heads inside the bolt and some have a second nut shaped end for you to qwwrench the end link nut off of the bolt.

Its not the CV axles, it happens any time i hit ANY sort of little bump or uneven patch in the road...Mine has the allen head on the bolt so it is not possible for me to get a torque wrench in there, but I tightened them as tight as I could with an allen wrench and a ratcheting wrench, and I still get the clunking. Someone I spoke to about my dads truck (excursion) said those often go up on his truck and sound like what I am describing, and since I can move it by hand I think I have a good assumption.

Do the rubber boots on those go bad? I have no idea what the rubber piece serves for, but I don't know why else these parts would go bad.

well you could just take them off all together, or when I did my lift i went to a local 4x4 shop and ended up using front links from a Jeep XJ I believe, they are the correct length for a lift but they are not offset.

well you could just take them off all together, or when I did my lift i went to a local 4x4 shop and ended up using front links from a Jeep XJ I believe, they are the correct length for a lift but they are not offset.

So using those on my lifted setup is not good? How much would it hurt performance to remove them?

So using those on my lifted setup is not good? How much would it hurt performance to remove them?

not quite sure what you mean. The new links that I used were the right length, but not offset like the stock ones, so they did their job a little but not as much as they would have if they had been offest. The only reason for me doing this was i was too lazy to take the bar itself all the way off and it was driving me crazy when ever i would hit a bump it would rattle on the CV's. Here are some pics of what it looked like, you can kinda see where the top mount wasnt flush with the strut.

100_1222Medium.jpg

100_1221Medium.jpg

If you are thinking about taking them all the way off you will have more body roll when cornering but nothing that cant be learned to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
So I removed the sway bar completely and the clunking is gone...can I buy new connecting links after the lift? I don't want to buy them and have the same problem...

Yeah, I bought mine at BuyNissanParts.com for $24. OEM part fit just fine. Didn't come with the nuts for the bolt, so I used some spares.

Good luck