Help with gap guard installation...

statikuz

Yeah, you'd think it'd be really simple, just pop the new ones in... but it's not so much working out that way for me. Has anyone else installed the Performance Accessories gap guards [from AC]? They just seem to be too big, and not entirely the right shape. I'm doing the passenger side one now, and the top edge lines up pretty decently, but the bottom is taking some serious tweaking/cutting/etc. Anyone have any experience with this?

A whole lot more than that. =) I considered getting some cheapo rubber /whatever material and cutting out my own, then popping 'em in with those plastic clippies. Woulda worked just fine but I thought "NOOO, If I get these, they'll be just the right shape and they'll have the holes in the right places, they'll be a SNAP to install!"

Right. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When you lift your body, there's a 3" gap between the body and the frame, gap guards are sheets of rubberish polyurethane stuff that covers up these gaps; mostly for appearance, but in the front it really helps out in keeping mud/water out of your engine compartment [at least from coming in through the wheel wells].

• 3 weeks later...
Guest '95pathyXE

thanx for the advice about the gap guards :clap:, i guess i won't bother getting a set when i order my lift. i'll just save myself some cash and make my own, i got plenty of rubber from tractor tire tubes laying around that should work, right?