audio equipment

Guest cecilio

Guest cecilio

lol

ok i need all the storage space i have with the rear seats dropped

so please tell / show me where your all hidding your amp's & subs

had a similar prob.. my path, has to carry a small cabinet{whole with of back} a large plastic bin, and other vet equipment in the back. Soooo, I stuck my amp under the right front seat, plan to stick the other amp under the left{maybe this weekend} and the sub is a small box with a 12 " kenwood in the back next to big bin and behind the cabinet. You can also try mounting the amps from a custom interior roof rack.

I mounted my sub amp behind the passenger side interior panel in the rear of the truck between the inner metal bracing and the outer skin of the body panel. Depending on the physical size of the amp. you can slide it in between the bracings and mount it to one of them. It's pretty tricky to do, but possible.

Hidden? Yes. Secure? No. The little bastards still stole it when they broke into my truck. They just followed the wires from the sub box. Tore the hell out of my interior too.

dnodog: How'd you fit your amp under the seat? Didja relocate the ECU or is it just a little amp?

My amp and sub sit in plain sight right in the back of my truck... guess the punks around here are too cool to steal old-skool Sony stuff. ;)

i was thinking about removing the whole plastic panels on the rear hatch and make a fiberglass subbox with an amp mount. id make the box a little more deep that the original plastic, and route the cables through the roof line and ground it on the door it self and ground the door to the roof for a better ground. that way if they look in through the back they dont see much. i think it would look cool but be kinda hard to do... just an idea though...

That would be wicked but you'd have one heavy rear hatch... would the stock little piston things be able to hold it up? [Dunno, mine are busted, I use a plastic pole ;)] Anyway, that would be cool, tough to get the wiring all squared away too...

eh i rarely open the rear, so it wouldnt make a difference. but it would be heavy, and i doubt the stock lift pistons would be able to make much difference in lifting. the amp i wanna use is 17 lbs alone plus 2 10s at atleast 20 lbs apeace plus the box. i plan to get 2 1/2 tint all around and 20 in the front windows so ill be covered there. ill have to see what happens though, i really like the idea cause the bass fires forward instead of tward the rear window like i have. i was thinkin about putting speakers in the rear passenger doors, has any one done this? ive see tweeters but i wanted to put in say 6x9s or 5x7 near the bottom and tweeters up high, and new speakers in the back, new in the front doors and maybe replace the kick panels with speaker pods. all in all 8 speakers and 8 tweeters, large dreams i suppose. would be cool, it would be an orgy of sound in my truck.

oh there isnt much room for amps in these trucks, my amps are on the box, but you should make sure you have enough bracing on the box or its gonna flex and shake the crap outta your amps, or loosen the screws ect ect.

For security, DARK tinting helps. Plus I added a few super bright blue led's to the alarm. They can be seen from 100ft away, especially at night. ;)

another good idea to reduce theft is not 'bump' the system in your driveway. That's the fastest way for t'iefs to find out you have some money inside your truck. The crackheads around my friend's apartment made short work of his system out of his talon. I know that it was caused by him and his parking lot pimpin

another good idea to reduce theft is not 'bump' the system in your driveway. That's the fastest way for t'iefs to find out you have some money inside your truck. The crackheads around my friend's apartment made short work of his system out of his talon. I know that it was caused by him and his parking lot pimpin

Definately. Save it for someone else's neighborhood. Preferrably after midnight. :P

my amp is a power acoustic gothic series about 2 " thick, so i just took out the seat and ran the wiring, I stiched some velcro to the carpet and stuck the other side to the bottom of the amp{ super glue :crazy: } and just left it there it does not move and I drive though bumpy cartroads every day. Its handy too cause there is a blue light on the amp which gives a little gleam to the foot bay.If you are running a cap... I have mine in the centre console with the wiring going through the bottom.

hope it helps

• 4 weeks later...

I have my amp under the back seats, right in the middle. There's just enough room under there to safely lock the seats in place and provides easy access when I need to get to it. It's been almost 6 years and no problems with overheating, etc. It's also nice, not just because it's completely hidden, but I was able to ground the amp to a bolt under there, as well as running the power and signal wire directly under the carpet and under the middle console. The sub's monster cables, I ran up though behind the back seat, so everything is out of sight.

Guest bryan89

here is what i did.

a JL audio 500 watt mono block amp fits perfectly under the driver seat with a .25 spacer under the 2 rear bolts. then get a crutchfield audio magazine ... You want a Polk-MOMO 12 inch subwoofer in an enclosure. (mine came together with the plexiglass back....nice) anyways the sub only requires .88 cubic feet of enclosure and sounds awesome. i have it in the back cargo area and it makes the cd player rattle so much that my cds skip!! my roof flexes enough to knock a gatorade bottle off it. in short, large bass in a small enclosure. BAM! Done. Next Mod...

oh yeah... circuit city used to carry them. you might try that.

:clap: