Body Lift

ILoveMyPatty

As the title says, I can't find two of the mounts. Going from front to rear I found 1, 2 and 4, but I dono where the heck 3 and 5 are. Does anyone have a picture of where they are, or a description. I dono why I can't find them.. maybe it's the 110 degree heat.

I have this picture http://www.citlink.net/~dboge/bodylift/boltlocations.jpg but it doesn't help me much.

Edited by ILoveMyPatty

The arrows are pretty much right on, the #3 is just below the door pillar, should be fairly obvious...should be...

93frame022.jpg

As for #5, look for the 4"-5" steel circle with a bolt in the middle.

(No pic of that one) Both of these are bolt only, they go into a captive nut welded into the body.

They are under the carpet. I did not have to remove the pillar cover on my truck, but it's a 2door. the nut is housed inside a plastic keeper, which on my truck both of them broke inside and allowed the nuts to turn (the two front cabin mounts did not do that though). I had to bust out the top of the plastic retainer so I could get a socket down on the nut.

So, the b-pillar panel has to come off to get at that bolt. Is it covered up with a hard rubber/plastic grommet like the others?

NO, that one is bolt into captive nut, ie bolt only, nut hidden and unaccessable. Just unscrew the old bolt and then screw in the new bolt once you put the spacer in. Nothing needs done otherwise. Only 2 and 4 have the plastic piece holding the loose nut.