removing Evap.

inwood73

Ok well today i put in my new condesor for my a/c, now i have found another leak, it seems somehow the small line going into the evap.at the firewall by the rubber seal thing has a leak, now does anyone know if this little line is attached to the expansion valve, or is it a small piece i can buy, after i figure out how to get the darn evaperator out???

i have searched but didn't come up with what i was looking for, i have a 1995 pathfinder, can someone exlplain to me how do i get the evaperator box out?? i'm pulling my hair on this, any help on any of the two problems would be great. Thanks.

Mike.

Edited by inwood73

so i have to remove the dash, then blower, and fish around for whatever else is atached to it, man this is going to be fun, i already put in a new condensor, so i'm not going to stop now, just i new exactly what steps to get the damn thing out, it's going to be a day or two job. looks like i might have to wait until i can afford the compressor, don't want to leave lines disconected for long, moisture and such. man i get myself into the most PITA situations. i'll never learn. :crossedwires:

Here is the description from alldata....

1995 Nissan-Datsun Truck Pathfinder 4WD V6-2960cc 3.0L SOHC MFI (VG30E)

Vehicle Level Heating and Air Conditioning Evaporator Core Service and Repair

Service and Repair

Notes

Fig. 8 Exploded View Of A/C & Heater System

evap.gif

Disconnect battery ground cable and discharge A/C system. Discharge only into the proper recycling equipment. Do not release refrigerant into the air.

Remove passenger side instrument lower cover and glove compartment.

Disconnect wiring harness connectors to evaporator.

Separate cooling unit case halves and remove evaporator, Fig. 8 .

Reverse procedure to install.

Here is the description from alldata....

1995 Nissan-Datsun Truck Pathfinder 4WD V6-2960cc 3.0L SOHC MFI (VG30E)

Vehicle Level Heating and Air Conditioning Evaporator Core Service and Repair

Service and Repair

Notes

Fig. 8 Exploded View Of A/C & Heater System

evap.gif

Disconnect battery ground cable and discharge A/C system. Discharge only into the proper recycling equipment. Do not release refrigerant into the air.

Remove passenger side instrument lower cover and glove compartment.

Disconnect wiring harness connectors to evaporator.

Separate cooling unit case halves and remove evaporator, Fig. 8 .

Reverse procedure to install.

I had my dash out and it was still a huge PITA which is y i left my 87 evap in instead of swapping it to the 94 that I had on hand at that time...its not going to be fun but I couldnt really figure out a good way to disconnect all of the cables without just pulling the dash out 1st...but pulling the dash easy and takes like 30 mins or so...

well here is a update, it's all done, and was really easy, i went to parts day today at standart auto. found a 95 pathfinder with 10k on it, i almost crapped. anyhow removed the entire a/c system that was still charged, that wasn't fun, took everything exept the condesor which i had bought last week, took me about 2 hours to totaly remove, got home, opended glove box, removed the glove box and the little steel pannel behind it, unhooked the wires didn't even remove the blower, the evap falls right out pretty much, anyhow installed all the parts with 10,000 klm on them and worked like down town, i am very happy, i also took the intake with all the sensors and removed the rockers and lifter assembly as well. no all i have to do is put that in my engine. made sure all the lifters stayed in there keepers. got a really nice set of blue NGK wires that appear to be new as well. made off pretty well for 50 bucks. almost killed myself carying all the stuff out in a bed sheet lol. no i just have to fix a fuel line i found today thats been stinkin up my garage. i guess thats tommorow project. just thought i would fill ya's in on my progress. i couldn't believe how easy it was, thought i was going to have to fight with it the whole way. begining to really like working on this truck.

i put in the passenger side cam followers and rockers, no more tick whatsoever, now i just have to take the drivers side off, damn plenum, there is more wires on that damn thing than a plate of spagetti. i wish i could have gotten the whole damn thing, o'well. a/c is still working ice cold, man i love it. lol. thanks for your help guys.