New addition to my household

msavides

Well We have just adopted this little guy last weekend. The previous owner did not have time to take care of him. Here are the pics he took to find him a new home. I will post some more pics of him getting settled in his new home this week. He is really tame and loving. He has not tried to nip or bite us once, even with giving him a much needed nail trimming. He also seems to get along with my 2 dogs great. one of my dogs however needs to get more used to him.

f_DSC01866m_54d1c6e.jpg

f_DSC01864m_511f378.jpg

f_DSC01865m_a44231f.jpg

f_DSC01867m_b90f1fc.jpg

I used to have three females.... got them all old age.... I miss them... they were all really calm and tame, never bit any of us, just relaxed, unless it was play time... which just so happened to be at three in the morning on days when I had to be up for work at 6 lol

OMG he's DARLING!!!!!!! i love ferrets! (haven't seen one since i moved back from england tho) that coat color is amazing too! :wub:

aren't they illegal as pets in CA?

Edited by Slick

I've known a few ferret owners in CA. For the most part, the law is in place to punish stupid owners and to remind all owners that these would be really nasty animals to introduce into our ecosystem. Banning them and then allowing selective violation ain't the right way to do that, but whatever.

well, i think mark's lil addition to the family is darling and i want to go to mark's house and steal heem and keep heem for my own (until he tears up my hacienda, then he can have him back lmao!) :D

well, i think mark's lil addition to the family is darling and i want to go to mark's house and steal heem and keep heem for my own (until he tears up my hacienda, then he can have him back lmao!) :D

He is the most docile animal I have ever had. He gets along great with my 2 dogs, (has no fear of them in fact he will run up nip them on the legs to get them to play and then run and hide) Now I want another one. He actually has not tore anything up. He is adventuring the house (under supervision of course) and stalking the dogs. I got some video of him and the dog playing. I will post it up when I get a chance. These little guys sleep 20 hours a day and play 4 hours a day, What a life! They have a slight musky smell, but you learn to like it or get used to it really quick.

Mark

I've known a few ferret owners in CA. For the most part, the law is in place to punish stupid owners and to remind all owners that these would be really nasty animals to introduce into our ecosystem. Banning them and then allowing selective violation ain't the right way to do that, but whatever.

It is just a bunch of horse sh!T. a domesticated ferret would not last longer than 3 day in the wild. it would not know what to do to a baby duck if it jumped if the ferrets mouth. a domesticated ferret is nothing like a wild ferret. The major endorser of the ban against ferrets is the sierra club, but they have no problem with the department of fish and game euthanizeing the seized ferrets. I go out of my way to make sure sierra club does not get a dime of my money.

yup, the sierra club can bite my left. well, anyhoo, what's the babies name? or does he have one yet? are ya gunna bring him wheelin? hehehe he is most adorable, and can't wait to see the vids! :bounce:

i have dealt with ferrets a lot (living in england) and you are right about a domestic ferret not knowing wtf to do in the wild.......

Kewel! I had one when I was a kid. Funny as hell to watch him try to go down the stairs. He would get 4 or 5 steps down, then go end over end like a slinky all the way to the bottom where he would do the aforementioned Taz freakout and run under the couch.

yea . he is definitely getting more comfortable with us. when we let him lose in the house and he starts getting bored, he will run up and nip at out feet or ankle and then go Taz and run under the nearest hiding spot. he will poke his head out to see if we are coming then then pop it back in. when we chase him he turns and hisses at us and nips. when he bites during play it is always a light play bite, he never bites hard. he went up and down the stairs a couple times last night and had no problems. He is starting to get in shape. He gets his first vet appointment Friday, hopefully he will be in good health.