Targa bar instalation

nunya

I somehow got lucky and found myslef a factoy targa bar but can't exactly figure out the whole mounting part. I have the general idea that the 4x4 badges have to come off(somehow) and it mounts with there. 1.-how the heck do the 4x4 badges come off without breaking them? 2.-Am I supposed to have some kind of hardware to mount it? All I have is basicly the bar and some lights I have to mount to it still.

The 4x4 badges pop out and then you have to take out the headliner or trim to bolt on the bar IIRC.

The badges bolt in, you pull the cover off the pillar on the inside and undo the nuts on the back of the badges. Slap the bar on then bolt the badges back on through the holes in the bar. You did get the gasket for the bar too right?

The gasket is old, beat up, and shrunk a little from age but should be useable still, I hope. Messing around last night led me to find that someone else had the badges off before me once, they were held on with double sided tape. Guess I am just goeing to nut/bolt the bar on and tape them back on. Guess I should try things before I ask, better safe than sorry though.

I used to have one on my truck. Like they said, pop the badges off however you can and run bolts through the holes. I used flat head machine screws like the pic below for the bar and RTV to hold the badges on. Dunno if they all have it, but my truck has an extra hole on the drivers side to run the wires to the lights.

flat.gifflat-profile.gif

RTV to hold the badges on

yep...i ground off all the plastic BS on the back of the badges and RTV'd them on... they're on for good I believe...I tried removing them b/c I hadnt mounted lights yet but needed it to stay on for the move to cali...well they're going to be a PITA once I get it running and get the lights thrown on there