100+ degrees + A/C =

One slow ass Pathy!

Having the AC on hits you double. Not only do you get the drag of the compressor but you get the drag of the fan.

How many who have done the electric fan mod believe it helps?

Mark

Edited by VegasPathfinder

One slow ass Pathy!

Having the AC on hits you double. Not only do you get the drag of the compressor but you get the drag of the fan.

How many who have done the electric fan mod believe it helps?

Mark

I do. I have a dual fan setup out of a Ford Escape. One comes on as soon as I turn on the truck, the other, when the A/C kicks in, which, is finally fixed. All in all, it works well, and I don't feel the draw of the compressor as much as I did before.

That said, my truck is slow as molasses on a cold day at the best of times. 33"+ tires, ARB/Winch, full skids, custom rear bumper/tire carrier all add up to a slow ride.

Edited by Simon

Ditto on slow, and I only have 31's and 3+3 lift (31x12.5, not regular 31x10.5, and wind drag from lift) but with the AC on, there is a very noticable drag and less power, especially on hill climbs. I bet those trucks on taller tires have much more to deal with. I have yet to do the fan swap, though I hear it helps. Regardless, you're dealing with a small V6, so don't expect huge results regardless. ;)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

I tried my a/c for the first time yesterday (got him last Oct)...cant stand it myself but the wife an skids were complaining. Holy power loss! I couldn't believe the difference!! Let us know when/if you do the 'lectric swap and if it makes any noticable difference..