So I ordered a 3" BL today..

OffroadFreak

I just ordered my 3"BL from AC thanks to my stimulus check. I am currently running 31" tires on it, is it possible to run 32's after the lift? I know that I would need the 3" SL as well to run 33's...so the question is will 32's be okay with a 3" body lift?

Um, first you have to put it on...

32s should be ok as long as your front end isn't sagging and you dont deviate from the standard backspacing (3.75" I believe, or is it 4"?). Of course, the width can affect things also... At most you may have to trim a little plastic, but I don't recall many people doing that.

B

For reference, I have 32's (265/75-16) on 16x8 with 4" backspace and I get just a scosche of plastic rubbing at full right lock. I have about 1.5" t-bar lift and 3" BL.

Every truck fits together just a little different, so YMMV.

You might try and locate a Hardbody transfer case shift lever and steering shaft (between firewall and steering box.) If you can aquire them it can potentially reduce some possible issues that a 3in body lift can cause.

I did that and I had to modify nothing in those areas to get everything working :aok:

32's will be fine as long as the rest of you suspension is in shape. Mostly, are your torsion bars adjusted to give you a level ride - stock and even front to back, or is the front sagging down? You're really only looking at 1/2" tire size difference between the top and bottom with the new tires, and you're installing a 3" body lift. It will be fine.

You might try and locate a Hardbody transfer case shift lever and steering shaft (between firewall and steering box.) If you can aquire them it can potentially reduce some possible issues that a 3in body lift can cause.

I did that and I had to modify nothing in those areas to get everything working :aok:

Its the Hardbody steering shaft longer? The regular Pathfinder one extends in length on that slip joint, as I'm sure you know. Just wondering why you swapped them. As far as the shift lever, they can be a pain to remove. You can leave it as-is, as I have for about 4+ years now, although its not ideal. If so, you'll have to pull back pretty hart to get down to 4-low, but its no biggie.

Its the Hardbody steering shaft longer? The regular Pathfinder one extends in length on that slip joint, as I'm sure you know. Just wondering why you swapped them.

I believe so, yes.. or it may just be that they are extended further from the factory... I did not extend them to see if they are actually longer or not. Pulled and sitting next to each other on the garage floor the HB steering shaft was about 1.5 or so inches longer.

I'll compare them and see if they are built longer or simply extended further from the factory.

• 3 weeks later...

So the body lift is done!!! Here is a couple of pics:

l_e536cd99e16008d0125ded86c2f0a355.jpg

l_1af9e4abc62541372661c29ded3f5380.jpg

I do have a couple of questions...what do I have to do to get the rear bumper up even with the body again? I adjusted the torsion bars for about a 1" lift (to clear the 33's I am getting). Will it settle in a bit and level out? The front looks a bit high to me.

I will be getting my wheels in the near future and will probably start another thread with those pics.

Edited by OffroadFreak

So I got the rear bumper figured out. But I noticed that the drivers side rear is is sitting about an 1" lower than the passenger side. Could this be from adjusting the t-bar in the opposite corner too far? Or could I just need new rear shocks? I was planning on replacing them soon anyways so I might just do that and the see where it is at then.

If your front end is not even then yes it can throw the rear off a little, I had that problem as well. Once I adjusted the bars to level the front the back was just about right as well.

Your shocks don't effect ride height, just quality. Unless they are air shocks and you have them pumped up unevenly. Make sure that the rear springs are properly seated top and bottom. Although I am assuming that you did nothing to the springs when you installed the BL. Also make sure that you have all the blocks in correctly, if something is in there (or not in there) such as a pad, then that can also throw it off.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Elavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation

But now that's it complete I totally agree with kiboshing the mud flaps and nerfs!

Definately ditch the Nerfs, i'd also ditchi the mud flaps since they usually just get jacked up and bent up on the trail...

Other than that it looks good. If you need shocks or anything else let me know.

I had a few minutes this morning to mess with the adjustments on the t-bar, and that solved my uneven-ness. So now the front is definitly higher than the back so I ordered the 1.5" lift springs from AC to level it out. Then comes the wheels!