Snorkel

ILoveMyPatty

K, well today I tinkered with the Pathy. Cranked the t-bars and made a snorkel out of 2.25" shop vac hose. Now, how has everyone here mounted it to the a-pillar? I can't figure out how to do it... it's also late so my mind isn't working properly.... well... it never is, but even worse tonight. :tonguefinger:

Oh, and I went with the shop vac hose in hopes that when it got cold in the winter it wouldn't crack. I guess we'll see. It may crack easier since it's a thinner material than PVC, but it might not because it's plyable. Hmm..

TTT. Still have no idea how to mount this thing.. so for now it's electrical taped to my door frame... talk about ghettro. Especially embarassed when my girlfriends parents saw it, first time they see my truck and I've got some contraption coming out of my fender and taped onto my door. Wow, a real winner.

But my bumper sticker explains it all, including my redneckness "No Pavement, No Problem". XD

hey just curios cause i've seen a couple of people putting snorkels on there rig, i've got a 95 pathy and ive found anytime i go in 2 feet of water for any amount of time the alternator shorts out, i've read up and notices this is reoccuring so what is the need for a snorkel other than looks?

DEAD ALTERNATOR?

post-4802-1211433990_thumb.jpg

You gotta hose the thing out every now and then. I've killed alternators before, but I routinely go through 2-3' of water, and I don't kill it THAT often. Water won't hurt it....it's the mud that does it, unless you've got a break somewhere in your wiring that causes a short when it gets wet.

TTT. Still have no idea how to mount this thing.. so for now it's electrical taped to my door frame... talk about ghettro. Especially embarassed when my girlfriends parents saw it, first time they see my truck and I've got some contraption coming out of my fender and taped onto my door. Wow, a real winner.

But my bumper sticker explains it all, including my redneckness "No Pavement, No Problem". XD

I LOLed. Good stuff.

You gotta hose the thing out every now and then. I've killed alternators before, but I routinely go through 2-3' of water, and I don't kill it THAT often. Water won't hurt it....it's the mud that does it, unless you've got a break somewhere in your wiring that causes a short when it gets wet.

So you don't have the three red lights come on when you go through a big puddle? :shiftyeyes: Or is my alternator just POS, and to think it was brand new when I got the truck :lol:

Edited by redfinder

No. Not so much.

To give you an idea, the alternator on Old Red was ORIGINAL (316,000kms) and it died the same time as the truck did.

No. Not so much.

To give you an idea, the alternator on Old Red was ORIGINAL (316,000kms) and it died the same time as the truck did.

Hmm well then, I'm going to have to look into some more protection for the engine bay. Those rubber things on the side of the skid plate came off when I removed it to change the belts, so they just hang down now.

Oh ya sorry to thread jack Ilovemypatty

i used the galvanized metal strap. bends pretty easy and just mounted it to pillar on outside. has worked good so far.

Did you just screw it into the strip that goes around the windshield or what, I'm kinda worried that I'll damage anything to do with the windshield security.