Opinions Please - XK or T4R

vengeful

A fellow autocrosser! Nice!

I also raced for many years in my local SCCA Solo2, in my 1999 Honda Civic Si, and I was also STS class! Never podiumed any races but I had a hell of a time regardless. Nothing like turning out a time that beats Ferrari challenge 360 modena, modded vettes, 800 hp carbon fiber body, 3-rotor RX7, and other various super-cars (although in different classes, the times remain the same.) In a 1.6L 4banger too. I am lucky to live near one of the larger autocross courses in the USA (qualcomm stadium parking lot). What a blast it was!

Anyways - I've driven both trucks and i say 4runner.... proven reliability, performance, capability, etc. Plus they will have parts for 4runner in central and south america (more so than for jeep XK)

I dont like the Jeep XK interior at all, I was sick of it within 5 minutes, cant imagine driving that junk on an expedition

Or stick with nissan!

Theres a turbo diesel WD21 pathfinder for sale in my hood, 35 mpg with an RD28 swap, so-cal means no rust, BALLEUR!!!

http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/showfla...ge=0#Post582336

"

1990 nissan pathfinder 2wd RD28 turbo diesel 2.8l 6cly, cold ac, pw,ps, gets 35 mpg in a suv! it is a 5 speed stick. truck has 88k miles,could use some tlc but still nice. GREAT DEAL engine alone cost $4000 then the cost of labor and price of the truck. MY LOSS MUST SELL $5000 "

01150801021001030220080507547171307187de008a002779.jpg

011512010304011608200805071c02adfd89f78da9de00d65e.jpg

Edited by FUELER

Dan i saw a nice 3.5l pathfinder se with an external tire carrier for sale in town here. I can go have a closer look at it for you, but it looked pretty good from far away.

I would try to find an older toyota cruiser. they are probably much easier to fix and limp to a service station if something computer related goes. I think the 4-runners are kind of small for something so long range.

The 4th Gen 4Runner has almost as much space as the UZJ100 Land Cruiser, and I can get one with less than half the miles for the same cost as the 100.

Case in point, found a 2005 SR5 V8 4Runner about 200 miles from me outfitted exactly as I would want it, with 38,000 miles for $20,995.

Found a 2000 V8 UZJ Land Cruiser outfitted almost exactly as I would want it for $21,995 with 99,000 miles.

The FZJ80 Cruiser are awesome, no doubt, but they're underpowered and lumbering. They're also severely overpriced IMO. $18,000 for a 12 year old vehicle with nearly 200,000 miles is RIDICULOUS, I don't care what it is.

I would consider a 100-Series, if I can find one cost-effectively, however, I'm not actively pursuing one at this point, because of the pricing of them. The 80-series is out, because of self-imposed age and mileage limitations. I will not consider a vehicle older than MY2000, or over 70,000 miles, period.

While that Diesel WD is pretty nice, and would make a nice round-town parts runner, it's 2WD!!! What a waste!

Heres what I did to an 07 back in January,

even the V6 was quite powerful, made a great snow rally car for a few hours, til I hit a snow berm too fast... Much more power than our 3.3L Nissan V6.... I can't even imagine how powerful the Toyota V8 must be!

$14k in damage according to the insurance company (it rolled on the other side - not pictured)

0113081112.jpg

One thing I did not like is that the heater is only mediocre. The R50 heater gets WAY hotter than the 4runner ever did - possibly because our engines run so damn hot??

Edited by FUELER