looking for links

dagwoodzz

I remember seeing a link for some mile marker manual hubs for $130. I'm striking out finding them that cheap. Probably inflation and I'm a cheap bastard.

Anyway, looking for best prices on 3" lift and manual hubs. Need to get it done this month for coal creek in June. '87 wd21 2dr

Also I don't have funds for 32" muds all the way around. Anybody see a problem putting BFG 32's on rear, leaving BFG 31's on front until funds come available to get a whole set? i will be driving approx 1200 miles this way. 2 of my 31's are in bad shape. the other two are not bad at all. Old shocks took two of them out before thier time.

Any help and not much :search: abuse would be appreciated. Oh yeah, why is 2" lift more than 3" lift.

:)

Edited by dagwoodzz

i was always taught to not run different size tires on 4 wheel drives in general. i know its not good to run 2 different sizes on the same axle but i am not sure if it would be harmful the way you want to. dont think it to be too wise though...

Edited by nunya

In 2 wheel..no worries. It wouldnt be any different than a "hotrod" set up. If you do it that and use 4..you end up overdriving the front end. The front wheels will spin faster than the rear.. not so much good for it.. things break that way.

I'll sell you a set of MM hubs for $60. I never even had them locked in while on the truck, replaced them a month after purchase with Nissan manuals.

As for missmatched tires in 4wd, as long as what you are driving on is a poor traction surface it'll be OK. Some hard core wheelers actually mis-match their axel gearing so that the front will spin a little faster.

Some hard core wheelers actually...

heh heh hard core I like. if they are the right match for the WD21. I'm all over that. PM me an address for PAYPAL and I'll get you the cash in the morning.

Longer bolts cost more, plus the 3" has a few bore bits than the 2". Gas fill and vent tube extenders come to mind, but I think there's a few more. I think AC has the install instructions on their website and if you look at them there's a few steps that say "3 inch kit only". Those will be the additional parts.

Any help and not much :search: abuse would be appreciated. Oh yeah, why is 2" lift more than 3" lift.

I think ppl are misreading the question. I also want to know why on 4x4parts.com the 2" lift cost more $$$ than the 3" lift? the 3" comes with more but cost less. WHY!?

As for missmatched tires in 4wd, as long as what you are driving on is a poor traction surface it'll be OK. Some hard core wheelers actually mis-match their axel gearing so that the front will spin a little faster.

I thought the stock w/d21's T-case made the wheels spin a little faster in the front. maybe not as dramatic as running 2 differant gear ratios but maybe more like

9front revolutions=8rear revolutions.

Am I wrong?