AMSOIL Opinions

SteeevO

Amsoil may be better... but if it is, why don't they send it for the standard ANSI and API tests? They keep claiming that it will meet or exceed them, then give some run around about how "the tests don't properly measure our oil" etc., etc., and that it's really expensive.

Well, guess what. Even a little company like Amalie and some boutique oil sellers for AMC Jeeps can get their oil API tested. It's not that expensive.

What is Amsoil hiding?

Amsoil may be better... but if it is, why don't they send it for the standard ANSI and API tests? They keep claiming that it will meet or exceed them, then give some run around about how "the tests don't properly measure our oil" etc., etc., and that it's really expensive.

Well, guess what. Even a little company like Amalie and some boutique oil sellers for AMC Jeeps can get their oil API tested. It's not that expensive.

What is Amsoil hiding?

wow thats some good info...

im a jack a tad here...hehe... i was looking at some jugs of mobil 1 syn today at the store and i saw 0-30 and the back was saying all this stuff about better gas mileage and better engine life...why would it be a good idea to go thinner with the oil?? or is it not, i had been using mobil 1 5 - 30 like da book say but with some tapping on cold starts i thought maybe 10 - 30 might be better... not trying to lead this topic astray but i thought oil weight might be a good companion to this question rather than beginning a new post. and i put amsoil in my tranny last time but redline in my transfer case and front n rear ends, heard good things, shifts great, rides nice...thats my professional opinion hehehe

I've used their 2-stoke oil before (snowmobile) and didn't really notice any difference. I think there are several other brands out there that are far better than amsoil especially when it comes to 2 stokes...

What is Amsoil hiding?

Amsoil does have oil that is API certified. However, their extended mileage oil is not certified (25k, 35k, etc...). There was an article I was going to post but I can't find it. However, here is a link to people who are oil crazy. Everything from oil, to filters, to additives, etc... You will see that people can and are benefiting from the extended drain intervals and having great results with the amsoil EaO filters. This site isn't Amsoil specific. It has any and everything!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Enjoy!