My Reader's Digest article

ILoveMyPatty

K well, back when I was 13, I got schocked by a powerline, and the writers from Reader's Digest found out about it and I was interviewed and the story was put in the July 2002 edition. On with the story. It has made every person that has read it somewhat uneasy so... I'm just saying it now. Kind of emotional, but if it bothers you, then... sorry :itsallgood:

Anyway, on with the story.

I had to scan the pages, so I hope this turns out.

I'm Tanner by the way, the one standing in the first picture. And since, I have cut that mop, and also never worn 5 layers of clothes (stupid photographer).. that red sweater and sweater vest made me sweat like crazy in the June heat... jeeze.

scan1.jpg

scan00012.jpg

scan00022.jpg

scan00032.jpg

Just to let you know, the writer was a wiener and made it seem like I was a nerd. No, I didn't want to play on my friends computer, I wanted to go swimming.. damn it was a hot day. Also, we weren't getting the squirrel out so the dog could eat it... we were getting it out because we needed that pipe, and rotting critters in the pipes clog up the sprinklers.

Just figured I'd post this so everyone knew a little more about me.

It's driven me to pursue paramedicine, and am now a first level Paramedic and enrolled in my secondlevel of three which starts January '09.

Oh, and yes I still have my boys, and no I don't have any special powers.

Edited by ILoveMyPatty

Yeesh, where to start? What a nasty experience! Many people don't survive that kind of abuse, but I'm sure you realize that! Accidents happen so quickly and easily; I've been lucky too many times (not with anything quite so serious though) and wonder when the luck will run out.

Glad you are still with us and that the boys are ok.

Sorry about the lack of superpowers though, seems only fair that you get something...

(insert superconductor joke here)

B

Wow, thats a sad story, at least it has a good ending. When I burned my foot last year camping, my friends uncle told me, there may be a lot of things that hurt or can go wrong in life, but a burn is one of the most painful things in the world.

Glad to see you recovered :aok:

That's most peoples reactions. Definitely a freaky experience, but they say everything happens for a reason. And I do believe that burns are one of the most painful things. I haven't experienced much more, but it hurt pretty dang bad haha.

So, wait... the story has me confused... did you loose half of each foot? Or did they rebuild it or... *tilts head confused* I hate Readers Digest for that reason... they say all the stuff that happened, then a nice, happy ending... nothing in between :(

So, wait... the story has me confused... did you loose half of each foot? Or did they rebuild it or... *tilts head confused* I hate Readers Digest for that reason... they say all the stuff that happened, then a nice, happy ending... nothing in between :(

from what hes told me i think he said he has like.. half of each foot ampuated (just toes) and half ear.. :itsallgood:

Half of each foot. The end half of my right foot (all toes) and the outside half 3/4 of the way back, on my left foot (3 toes)

And for my ear, it's pretty much gone... heh...