BAD NEWS

94 Pathy

I'm very depressed! The frame is swiss cheese. Beginning to crack. Looking into a JEEP Cherokee for mean time. Planning on keeping the Pathy. Hoping someday to find a solid frame for it. I found one, but the salvage yard won't sell it too me. They say, "The vehicle/chassis can't be registered or on the street after being in the yard." WTF kind of BullSh!t is that? I'm tempted to talk to someone and see if they would sell the whole darn Pathy too me. Maybe I can get it that way. If not, my baby will be sitting for awhile. Sucks after putting the lift, tires, new tranny, radiator, manual hubs, cargo rack, etc in it. Still have my headers, dual exhaust, tranny cooler, and BL to put on.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is.......once I get the frame, I'll be rebuilding the engine, doing a SAS, lockers, BL, etc. over time.

Sucks not having a garage to store it in and begin the work. I need lots of land and a HUGE Morton Building.

Later all!

Just had to vent!

That sucks, I feel your pain though as my first 95 (whole life in WI salty roads & rear axle separated from frame due to no frame left), but now I call it a spare parts truck!

bought another for $2500 with a solid frame and am stripping and POR-15ing the frame so I keep this one for a long time!

Looking into a JEEP Cherokee for mean time.

That's too bad. Maybe instead of getting a jeep you could find another pathy with a clean frame, or even an r50.

My brother has a Cherokee and is quite jealous of my R50. I don't know what you're looking for in a vehicle, but if you are thinking of leaving it stock since you're modding your WD21, the Pathfinder is better in just about every way.

Pathy hands down!

The JEEP will just be an everyday driver for now. Might try trading it in for an Exterra or a newer Pathy. Still gunna mod the '94. :crossedwires: I'll watch it rote away before I give it away. :thumbsdown:

i will take the bl off your hands for now :D wanna sell it?

Ya, i dnot know about that whole, "switching frame idea" i know a guy that had an old school landcruiser fj40, and he got pulled over.. well teh cop looked at his vin number on his dash and the cop knew where one of the hidden vin numbers was on the frame, and so he got written up for that, and now he cant drive his lc on the road anymoer... thought to ponder on.. thats probably what the junkyard was talking about? your probably better off finding another cheap pathy and then switching out all the parts.. :handlebars: pathys aint that exspensive, you could probably find a pretty decent one for the same price as an xj...

Ya, i dnot know about that whole, "switching frame idea" i know a guy that had an old school landcruiser fj40, and he got pulled over.. well teh cop looked at his vin number on his dash and the cop knew where one of the hidden vin numbers was on the frame, and so he got written up for that, and now he cant drive his lc on the road anymoer... thought to ponder on.. thats probably what the junkyard was talking about? your probably better off finding another cheap pathy and then switching out all the parts.. :handlebars: pathys aint that exspensive, you could probably find a pretty decent one for the same price as an xj...

Maybe he's sentimental about his truck like i am about my 93 :shrug: , nothin wrong with that. I will NEVER get rid of my 93 :wub: and don't plan on getting rid of the 95 anytime soon either.

Ditto on the "buy a cheap Pathy" over an XJ. I honestly kinda like XJ's :hide:. Similar size to a Pathy, more power, tons of aftermarket support, etc. But they're still pigs that will generally break down on you. Buy a POS Pathy with the best frame you can find, drive it around for now, then swap parts good for bad and make a solid rig out of the 2.

I call bs on that. He probably just didn't properly report it, if needed for the local municipality. Or, was it a stolen frame/body somewhere along the line, or something like that? 4x4's and hot rods have been doing this stuff for years, let alone the tube chassis vehicles on the street build in a shop with no VIN. If its street legal and you dot your "i's" and cross your "t's" on the paperwork, you should be good to go.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Yeah tell him that it's not going to be on the street... BS about that, if anything a new title would have to be issued noting the new combo. But if no one knew ;)

Tell him that your going to check up on this "law" and use his yard as the example to explain what he wants to know :aok:

Sorry,

I'm not selling any of the parts I have until I know for sure on the whole law BS.

I've known many guys pulling bodies and frames from yards for vehicles/hot rods. I'm thinking the guy was a POS and a lazy MF that didn't want to mess with it. F 'em! Will keep everyone posted.

I did go out and drive the XJ....Best darn condition I've seen in a loooooong time. Older gentleman owns it. Every service slip and looks like it rolled off the lot. He's the original owner also. $3000! Can't go wrong with that.

Hopefully have it in a few weeks. Will post a few pic's for you supporters. I KNOW, I KNOW, it's a JEEP! Will take my Pathy over it anyday! Even with the rusted out frame!

Trust me! I'm a Pathy lover at heart and always will be. Can't afford to pass up the deal. After I get my Pathy done, I'll be selling or trading the JEEP in for something else. Thinking about a newer Pathy or an Xterra. TITAN if gas prices ever drop!