Fender mounted lights

ILoveMyPatty

I tried to search but I can't find the writeup about mounting lights on your fenders close to the windshield Either on the fenders or on the piece with cowl vents... I don't remember, but I can't find it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, or where the writeup is? I think it might have been a Hardbody, but either or.

Wicked, LandShark that's the one! Thanks man. Now I've got another project for the Pathy tomorrow. I think I'll put my Daylighters there, and my cheap ones on the bumper. Seems like a longer beamed light would be better higher up? I dont know.

let me know how they work out i want to do the same it looks really good i just dont know if the beam pattern would just cause glare off the hood or be quite functional

yes, especially when the hood is covered in dust

Edited by skrillaguerilla

They're great, I love them. With a little dust on the hood, you do get a bit of glare, but I'm hoping to fix that with a little trim ring on the inside lower quarter of each light. It's not annoying enough that I'm going to do it right now, but I'll probably end up doing it sometime. My eyes are pretty sensitive to light, too... but it seems fine. It's cool because the chrome housing of the lights also serves as a perfect blindspot mirror.

• 1 month later...

I just added lights to my pathy. I decided to take this mod to the next level. I love the stock style antenna. So I found a universla antenna similar style ($10). And squeezed it in behind the light. IT FITS fine. I did more work to get that cheezy black rubber one on the D21.

antenna_straight.JPG

wd21_lights_done.JPG

The write up has been revised.

http://nissannut.com/projects/fender_lights

I forget to mention I used a generic 1/2 hole tab for the washer this time.

View from the pass seat.

bridgeport00043.jpg