Painting my engine

beastpath

So I've decided to paint my new engine with Dupli-color engine enamel paint(after cleaning, scrubbing, and prepping of course).

Does any one have any suggestions on colours? I was thinking black valve cover gaskets with red bolts, and perhaps doing the block red(although idk bout this). But these are very over-used colours so any other ideas would be welcome.

Also I just wanted to make sure this wouldnt be detrimental to the engine at all heat wise. I've read some places that paint retains heat, making the engine run hotter, but i've also read that it does the opposite, dissipating and cooling. Are either of these true?

These were on Volvo, Ford and Chevy web-forums so the level of intelligence is a lot less than on NPORA :D

Any help would be much appreciated

How 'bout Chevy orange?

DSCF0031sm.jpg

Paint shouldn't make a difference in the temperature of your engine. It's already painted from the factory, although black is supposed to dissipate heat from the block best.

Edited by jj big shoe

How 'bout Chevy orange?

Paint shouldn't make a difference in the temperature of your engine. It's already painted from the factory, although black is supposed to dissipate heat from the block best.

I was waiting for you to post that :lol:

I think mine will be going black...Doesn't really matter as it'll be brown after the 1st spot of mud :aok:

I like the cast iron color that VHT has. On the smooth Alum you can polish and Hi Temp Clear Coat it.

472 - 800HP

DSC07511.jpg

327 - 360HP

DSC04393.jpg

I can hardly wait to get this Camaro finished up and back on the track. We have the radiator and trans cooler mounted now.

DSC01052_sized.jpg

We are working on our custom grill and the wiring. After that it's ready to fire up. ;-)

Edited by Mecinoid

I thought I recognised this pic :lol:

Eh Runner4wheelin? :D

:beer:

yup ya caught me :bounce:

i think your the dude on youtube right? im so shocked you made it through those ruts with no problems.. also i hit a big mudpuddle like you did really hard, and thought i concaved or whatever you did to your radiatior so i start taking them slow now... but what ended up happenin was i think it sucked water through the intake or something and just died.. :crossedwires:

yup ya caught me :bounce:

i think your the dude on youtube right? im so shocked you made it through those ruts with no problems.. also i hit a big mudpuddle like you did really hard, and thought i concaved or whatever you did to your radiatior so i start taking them slow now... but what ended up happenin was i think it sucked water through the intake or something and just died.. :crossedwires:

I think I am too :lol:

That doesn't sound good...I fried an ECU when I drowned mine :D

c5ea90b799371a09e7a7cb9b2f41ac6a0_large.jpg

How 'bout Chevy orange?

DSCF0031sm.jpg

Did I mention I was a Dukes of Hazzard fan. ( the original )