Knight Rider Three Thousand

Kittamaru

Woot... goddamn this movie was awesome! I remember watching Knight Rider when I was 5 and 6 years old and wishing I could own that old black Trans Am and then the T-Top they swapped to... mmmdoggie!

The new KITT... hawt. Not a ford fan at all, but the Shelby series mustang was a thang done right. KITT is no exception... nano-armor, adaptive computer analysis programming, thermal imaging, and offensive weapons we don't even know about yet... plus the whole "627 miles in under 2 hours" thing while in Pursuit Mode! Good god!

Anyone else watch this movie? I'm seriously hoping they make it into a new series!

That movie was crap...maybe I'm a fuddy duddy who loved the original too much.

Terrible acting was only ok in the 80's when the original show aired. KITT was way over the top, "Mike" was a loser and the girl wasn't attractive (again, I thought ugly main character girls were only ok in the 80's original series. Mind you, Bonnie was a hawtie from time to time B) )

Then again, remakes usually all take this turn towards stupidity.

Glad I at least saw the finale of American Gladiators and the roid-filled Titan loose everything.

Edited by navygz19

Hey, it wasn't bad for a low-budget TV movie though. And I loved the new nano-tech in the car... plus they couldn't really have done much better than a Shelby... maybe a SkyLine (a Pathy uber-tank version of KITT would be awesome too :P)

Hey, it wasn't bad for a low-budget TV movie though. And I loved the new nano-tech in the car... plus they couldn't really have done much better than a Shelby... maybe a SkyLine (a Pathy uber-tank version of KITT would be awesome too :P)

If it was that low-budget they could have REALLY triend to save some $$ and used a last-gen V6 Camaro painted black, cause LS1 Trans Am's are too expensive!

They used a donated Shelby Mustang GT500 (least if I remember right it was donated) which, I must say, fits quite nicely - old KITT had the sleek style and good curves, new KITT has high-tech goodies and the muscle to actually do 200+

you think they paid for the shelby then let ford do ALLLLLL those commercials and name drops and all. The only car other then a ford was a late model tahoe and they wrecked it

That's another reason I hated it...get the hell over the fact that people aren't buying your crap (and sometimes Mexican built) cars...no need to make the bad guys in the movie be chasing KITT in an EDGE!!!!

I simply dont want to watch it because it is a Mustang. Done right I think the Shelby GT 500 is a pretty sweet stang (I wouldnt own one but to each their own). But Knight Rider was a TA. If you cant use that then get something close. I agree a last gen camaro I think would have suited the movie better. Kitt was a streamlined black car. The Mustang is simply not sleek. I dont know, it's just not my cup of tea.

KITT wasn't really even a Trans-Am come later seasons - it was a body modded T-Top and even that changed - by the end of its run, Pontiac wanted nothing to do with Knight Rider :( Hence why they didn't use the original car for 2k I believe.

KITT wasn't really even a Trans-Am come later seasons - it was a body modded T-Top and even that changed - by the end of its run, Pontiac wanted nothing to do with Knight Rider :( Hence why they didn't use the original car for 2k I believe.

Uh, the Banshee was a Pontiac concept for the "next-gen" Firebird.

banshee2.jpg

I really liked the mustang, granted it wasnt as sleek, but there arent a lot of cars that are that sleek. I think the car looked sweet, I just found it really wierd with Val Kilmer being the voice of the car since hes a better bad guy character then robot car character.

Uh, the Banshee was a Pontiac concept for the "next-gen" Firebird.

banshee2.jpg

I can remember when that concept was first introduced! I even bought a model of it but never put it together. I think it is still at my parents house somewhere. At the time that was a sweet concept.

Even now I think that would have been a better car for KITT than a Mustang. Back during the first Kight Rider I really didnt think of KITT as a TA. Now if I watch the new one every time I see KITT I will just think it's a modded mustang. The concept is ruined IMO.

Edited by zonianbrat

Do you honestly think that the cars used for movies and TV shows are stock? LOL. Yeah so I guess all the chargers the Dukes of Hazard jumped had no reinforcment. If hollywood wanted a TA to do 200 it would. Dont be Nieve.

Do you honestly think that the cars used for movies and TV shows are stock? LOL. Yeah so I guess all the chargers the Dukes of Hazard jumped had no reinforcment..

They didn't, thats why they used so many of them...you can reinforce a car all you want, but the frame cannot take those kind of impacts

I watched a special and the fronte end was reinforced to an extent. I know they did not use the same car but the car was still reinforced for safety and so they could get that 1 second shot of the landing without it just exploding to pieces.

Ah yes, that makes sense...i thought u meant they did it to jump the same car multiple times... It still bothers me how in the Starsky and Hutch movie the whole front end of the torino just folds up in the jump right before the credits

They wanted a car that could DO 200+ mph... I don't know many old T-Tops or TA's that can do that and not fall apart :P

Just like with jumping, do you think they actually hit that high of speed? Do you think that they were actually doing 600mph with the old one when it was in "Super Pursuit Mode"? :togo:

I was being funny... yikes, didn't know ya'll would take me so seriously 0o'

Though, granted, a Shelby GT500 KR would smack the pants off any old Pontiac in a straight up race. Considering what you can do to a Shelby engine *whistles*

Geez dude would you read your own post. Ofcourse a new Shelby mustang would beat an oldter trans am. It's called technology buddy. Cars are being built lighter and with more power than 15-20 yrs ago. But if they were still making Trans am's and camaro's you can bet there would be competition.