Anyone Hide 2 amps in rear Cargo Area

jlwardn

I am looking for descriptions and pictures of anyone who has installed amps in hidden areas of their pathfinder. I have taken the rear panels apart and it seems like there is plenty of room to mount two amps (one on each side) in the rear fender wells. Has anyone done this before? It would be great to be able to still use the right side storage area but I am willing to sacrifice it in order to hide the amps. I don't want to use the under carpet storage bin since I plan on using it for storing other things. I need to store a Rockford sub amp and a JL Audion 4 channel amp. Any pictures or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Whether you can fit the amps you own behind the side panels in the storage area really depends on the size of the amps. When I was planning my audio system, I knew that I wanted to use the body cavity behind the left cargo panel to mount an amp, so I took some measurements of the space, and then searched for an amp that would fit there. (BTW, the factory Bose amp is mounted in that space.) I was willing to sacrifice on power output in order to keep the amp mounted out of the way. I managed to fit an Alpine MRP-F250 4-channel amp there, and with a little custom bracketry I made out of some sheetmetal from Home Depot, I was even able to use the Bose amp's mounting brackets.

You'll need to start by seeing if your amps will physically fit in the body cavities, then fabricate some way to mount them there.

Ventilation, ventilation, ventilation.

Never had a problem with my 4x50 alpine amp mounted in that cubbyhole,been there for 7 months.I did drill a couple of holes in the lid though I think it helps,also have an mtx 3001 sub amp mounted where the stock bose amp was,everything out of sight except the sub box.

Any pictures of the work? I am trying to get a JL audio amp to fit somehow that is 13.5"x10.25 and a Rockford sub amp that is nearly as big.

Even if you see photos of how somebody fitted a different model amp in that space, fitting your amps all depends on whether they'll fit in that space. My Alpine MRP-F250 measures 11-1/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D, and it was a tight fit to squeeze it behind the left-side cargo panel, due to the angle of the sheetmetal and the shape of the fender. After you remove the cargo panels, can you even fit your amps through the sheetmetal openings? If not, then your particular amps may not fit there and you'll have to find a different location (unless you want to start cutting sheetmetal).

Ventilation, ventilation, ventilation.

I've had two amps mounted in the under-floor cubby hole for nearly 5 years without problems. It's not really a well ventilated area, by any means. No heat issues with the amps, whatsoever. Just be sure you get a good quality amp.

I've had two amps mounted in the under-floor cubby hole for nearly 5 years without problems. It's not really a well ventilated area, by any means. No heat issues with the amps, whatsoever. Just be sure you get a good quality amp.

I haven't had any issues and my amp has been fine. I took out the plastic casing for that cubby hole to make more room.

P4050071.jpg