Broken...

Greyscale

So, I'm on my way out the door to head to class today and I go to start the Pathfinder. Nothing... The lights go on for a brief moment, but then fade. I try jumping it, still nothing... Nothing even comes on this time. Looks like its not the battery...

All the fuses are fine, everything worked yesterday. I have no idea what the problem is, so i'm going to go over every inch on electrival I can get to over this weekend and hopefully i'll find something...

Any help would be appreciated.

That would happen to me sometimes, and jumping wouldn't work either. The battery turned out not dead, just the positive cable to the battery was slightly loose in the ring terminal. Check your batt ground and ring terminals before you dive into anything.

Check the battery cables, the positive one can corrode and break. IIRC

That would happen to me sometimes, and jumping wouldn't work either. The battery turned out not dead, just the positive cable to the battery was slightly loose in the ring terminal. Check your batt ground and ring terminals before you dive into anything.

It looks like it might be the neg/ground. I'm going to see if I can get it unbolted to have a better look at it.

Check fusible links also. Sometimes they corrode away at the battery terminal end, yet stay connected. Give each one a little tug to make sure. :)

Thats exactly what I was gunna recommend. This is what caused my grief concerning my pwr window/door locks not working.

Greyscale, While I can't explain the low levels of power at your lights, I drove a 94 SEV6 with a MANUAL trans and over 140K I had to replace the clutch Inerlock relay 2x and one time had really nasty/dirty connection to the starter that was causing some problems. Not sure if your truck is a manual or not...sounds more like you have a battery cable problem though.

Peter

I really hate how my pathfinder seems to fix itself without me doing much. I went out there, jiggled the neg cable around a bit to see if it had any breaks/weak points.

Hey, look, I have power again! I just don't know what I did to fix it.

Now I need to find out why my taillights are not working...

Well, it looks like the problem with the tail lights is due to the switch. The contacts come together, but the circuit doesn't complete untill pressure is applied. Its doesn't look like the contacts need to be cleaned, but I don't really know what else would be causing this problem.

Also, is there an easy way to remove the auto antenna motor (or disconnect it), or do I have to remove the fender?

Also, is there an easy way to remove the auto antenna motor (or disconnect it), or do I have to remove the fender?

Pull the fuse? I think there is one. If not I'm sure you could disconnect the wire from the stereo going to it.