Turbo idea?

purdyboy89

bet it gets great traction on launch?

but how is it in the mud? haha.

and the turbo thing, if ya think you can fit all those pipes under the hood, go for it... i just like the idea of the belt driven turbo... sometimes people already have their minds made up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but how is it in the mud? haha.

and the turbo thing, if ya think you can fit all those pipes under the hood, go for it... i just like the idea of the belt driven turbo... sometimes people already have their minds made up.

Turbos are exhaust driven. Superchargers are belt driven.

I assume what you're thinking of is a centrifugal supercharger.

img_2176.jpg

I saw Stacy David do an install of that system on a vette on his show, talk about fitting some plumbing into some tight places!!!

A remote turbo is a bad idea for any vehicle that will travel offroad, especially in deep mud or water crossings. one little bump, one little leak and BOOM! Grenaded turbo.

I saw Stacy David do an install of that system on a vette on his show, talk about fitting some plumbing into some tight places!!!

A remote turbo is a bad idea for any vehicle that will travel offroad, especially in deep mud or water crossings. one little bump, one little leak and BOOM! Grenaded turbo.

Agreed. Not to mention wouldn't the turbos have to run at a higher PSI to maintain constant boost through ALL that piping?

Turbos are exhaust driven. Superchargers are belt driven.

I assume what you're thinking of is a centrifugal supercharger.

obviously i know what a centrifugal supercharger is if you read the thread. I was the one who posted the idea of a centrifugal supercharger, pics and hp chart. And a centrifugal supercharger IS a belt driven turbo... call it what you will. and i know putting a remote turbo has it draw-backs, thats why i jokingly said put it the cab. Sometimes i feel like I am talking Chinese.. routing an air box into the cab is pretty common is modded mud trucks, put it in the glove box haha. Or as with a snorkel it can be routed to go about anywhere. Get creative... install a roof scoop connected intake like a rally car, cept have it facing backwards so flying mud and water will be less likely to go in. facing backward should create a cowl hood effect. Then there are pre-chargers for air filters to keep out particulates. Our vehicles, for the most part require custom made parts/ one-off fab work. I guess a lot people here are using them for daily drivers.

obviously i know what a centrifugal supercharger is if you read the thread. I was the one who posted the idea of a centrifugal supercharger, pics and hp chart. And a centrifugal supercharger IS a belt driven turbo... call it what you will. and i know putting a remote turbo has it draw-backs, thats why i jokingly said put it the cab. Sometimes i feel like I am talking Chinese.. routing an air box into the cab is pretty common is modded mud trucks, put it in the glove box haha. Or as with a snorkel it can be routed to go about anywhere. Get creative... install a roof scoop connected intake like a rally car, cept have it facing backwards so flying mud and water will be less likely to go in. facing backward should create a cowl hood effect. Then there are pre-chargers for air filters to keep out particulates. Our vehicles, for the most part require custom made parts/ one-off fab work. I guess a lot people here are using them for daily drivers.

Belt driven turbo however is just a nickname as no turbos are belt driven. because of how it's powered is what makes it a supercharger. It just resembles the turbo housing in overall shape and isn't a roots type blower.