Speed Sensor Wire

rod_b

I have a 96 R50. Does anyone know where I can tap the speed sensor wire for GPS? I did a search here and on Google and only found info for a 2001. The only info I could get was that it was a green\yellow wire connected to the speedo. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks

Not sure where the speed sensor wire is under the dash, but if you're willing to run a wire under the truck, you can definitely get a signal at the speed sensor itself, which is attached to the right side of the transfer case.

There is a speed sensor wire that goes into the ECU if you have an automatic, but I don't recall seeing one in my 5-speed harness. I know the ECUs operate fine (with a manual transmission) without the speed sensor, so I'm not sure whether they have one or not.

What are you wanting to put a speed signal IN to your GPS for? Shouldn't the GPS be telling YOU the speed?

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll dig around more. My GPS is an in-dash Kenwood and it uses the speed sensor wire to know for sure that the vehicle is moving. It still provides map information without the wire connected but will not do routing. Strange, I know. Oh well. Thanks again.