'FINDER LOOKIN LOW

Gentlemen

My 95 Pathfinder (5spd) is starting too look a little low in the front end. I was wondering how much new torsion bars cost and what is the maximum height I can get out of them. Im not looking for a cheap lift, just a temporary minor lift when I go out on the trails. It seems like on the trail I am hitting the rocks just barely, so a new set of tires and maybe new torsion bars would be the fix.

Thanks

Nick

How far up can you go with the stock torsion bars

i took my truck in and they said that they were maxed out.

well my bumpstops for the torsion bars under the A-arms are ripping off could that cause a problem??

Nope havent touched the bars at all, I assume they are at their factory settings. What is the proper way to adjust them, and how do I know when enough is enough? The reason I ask is because I heard that cranking on them too much will change steering geometry and even fatigue them.

Thanks

Nick

My 94SE is also a litlle bit low in the front end. I plan to crank the torsion bars this week.

I'd like to do it myself... but I'm not used to do more than checking oil, etc... so probably I'll take my Path to a tech to do it... It can't be costly...

Hope it work well. I think it needs to be lifted 2" to be at stock level again!

My 94SE is also a litlle bit low in the front end. I plan to crank the torsion bars this week.

I'd like to do it myself... but I'm not used to do more than checking oil, etc... so probably I'll take my Path to a tech to do it... It can't be costly...

Hope it work well. I think it needs to be lifted 2" to be at stock level again!

Don't take it in to the shop! The simple cranking is just that: simple. Look at this from the old site, MrJim.net.

I feel more encouraged now... :D

Maybe I can take a time, and do in 4 hours what you'll probably estimate 1/2 an hour... :P

But it will be a great pleasure to get it done by myself, for sure!

Umm no one seems to have mentioned here that after cranking up the torsion bars that a wheel alignment will be neccassery, after raising my front end on my Terrano i experimented with toe in adjustments ( was handy for me working in a tyre and alignment shop at the time) and have found 3mm toe in to be perfect.. tyres wearing even after 30000km

Greenbushy