CB Antenna idea w/ rear spare tire rack

Xmas

You can get a clamp on antenna mount, and put it on one of the horizontal bars on the carrier. Running the antenna wire can be done through the tail light hole in the truck. Then just run between the tail light, and the hatch.

You can get a clamp on antenna mount, and put it on one of the horizontal bars on the carrier. Running the antenna wire can be done through the tail light hole in the truck. Then just run between the tail light, and the hatch.

Do you have any pics to share?? Love to see the setup if you can. As the clap your talking about?

I went to Radio-Shack and they had clamps but it fits PU trucks not suv style. Only one's they had are magnet kind. ewww not ever again

Edited by Xmas

The additional grounding isn't always necessary. I ran mine with that type of setup, without additional grounding for a few years with no issues. It's a matter of testing it out, long and short distances to ensure you've got good transmit, and receive clarity and range.

The additional grounding isn't always necessary. I ran mine with that type of setup, without additional grounding for a few years with no issues. It's a matter of testing it out, long and short distances to ensure you've got good transmit, and receive clarity and range.

as always tuning with an SWR meter and cutting the antenna wire to adjust the readings on the meter help out tremendously. I have not tuned mine as of yet.

Mark

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/spe...oo/P7080176.jpg

click link ^

not sure if you can see fromthis pic but both my brother in law and my pathy have the whip antenna with allen screw mount attached to the center of where the spare tire carrier is so its very low profile from prying eyes. we bent the cb mount slightly but it looks great and ran the wire under the truck behind the mudflap there is a rubber plug and up and in there! This pic was at www.paragonap.com the second park before theyclosed it. Yes the pathy did come outof this on its own power the jeepers were lauging til i rocked his truck out! good luck!

Scott