Thorley Headers / mega clamp 2in. ?

drifter

Installed Thorley headers, what is the best type of clamp that i need to marry the joints ? mega clamp 2in. lap joint ?

There was a thread a while ago , i searched and no luck. What size,kind & where ?? Almost got this thing together after 5 broken studs @#@!!.

Installed Thorley headers, what is the best type of clamp that i need to marry the joints ? mega clamp 2in. lap joint ?

There was a thread a while ago , i searched and no luck. What size,kind & where ?? Almost got this thing together after 5 broken studs @#@!!.

This is the clamp that I used, You wont be disappointed. It worked awesome

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Mark

Got a welder??? I did....

Only future challenge would be having to remove both drop downs...

I though about welding it, But decided to clamp it since i don't know what future problems with removing the headers could occur. The pipes when inserted on mine did not go in very far. that is why I considered welding it. The clamp has been holding fine There is not really any place for the pipes to go anyways. I would not recommend using these clamps on a muffler. I Tried that I ending up chasing my muffler down a hill when wheeling. Good thing My muffler was made of super strong stainless steel.

Mark